Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz83948 View Post
I thought you had to be older than 13 to join a forum.
FWIW, it is Facebook that has that stipulation....

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Back on topic....I have a question for Gensing. Exactly what was the point of starting this thread in the first place? I got the part that you want to design and build a high powered supercharged engine on a budget. And after that things get fuzzy. All of this for Kevlar belts?Alot of your posts seem to be a huge attempt to injure your shoulder, reaching around to pat yourself on the back and probably rightfully so. You have built several high power forced induction cars. You have a shop to build most of your engine components. You know way more about Porsche engines than I will probably ever know and I'll be the first to admit that.

May I suggest something? Instead of pointing out to us non race shop owners that you know what you're doing, why don't you show us? A tutorial if you will. Which engine will handle which amount of boost and why? Engine management considerations, etc. And by all means, pictures, lots of pictures with notes on them showing us what you did and why you did it that way.

Just sayin.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Well said
Old 07-20-2011, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickpocket View Post
Back on topic....I have a question for Gensing. Exactly what was the point of starting this thread in the first place? I got the part that you want to design and build a high powered supercharged engine on a budget. And after that things get fuzzy. All of this for Kevlar belts?Alot of your posts seem to be a huge attempt to injure your shoulder, reaching around to pat yourself on the back and probably rightfully so. You have built several high power forced induction cars. You have a shop to build most of your engine components. You know way more about Porsche engines than I will probably ever know and I'll be the first to admit that.

May I suggest something? Instead of pointing out to us non race shop owners that you know what you're doing, why don't you show us? A tutorial if you will. Which engine will handle which amount of boost and why? Engine management considerations, etc. And by all means, pictures, lots of pictures with notes on them showing us what you did and why you did it that way.

Just sayin.
Well this was going to be a build thread. I dont know close to what alot of members do know about porsches. its been years since ive owned one. What i was hoping for was some actual help or ideas on what to look out for or what has been done and failed.

I am taking lots of pictures as i am going along.

But here is one thing i did find out...

I just moved to Lake elsinore and it seems a guy up my street specializes in porsches he also works for JE pistons " HOOOOOOKUP!!!!" it seems this conversion is going to require a dry sump oil system as the #2 rod will only last me about 60-100 hours before spinning a bearing . The oiling system really sucks. So i will be doing a "How To" on a dry oil sump system.

I also got my cams back from Web Camshafts. I couldn't go too aggressive because of the bucket style head but it is a mild upgrade. not too sure it is worth the money spent.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Also I would recommend sending new pistons over to total seal in arizona. I had mine ringed over there to reduce blow by.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: