Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BKOMAR
I had some of the best laughs reading this board and some of the postings that Shaun made. I especially remember the night I spent looking at all the pics that were sent in with the spousal shots and hilarious photoshop shots. It was quite an alive night with about a post a minute....almost like a chat room *grin* I must say that I miss that. At that time this site was a full service, one stop spot. I could go to the 914 side and get technical info that pertained to my car...the 911 side that at that time was a wishing list for me ( I have since bought a 911) and the 924/944 site was a great spot for some good laughs and some real people. Since Shaun has been gone, I dont frequent it as often. I still jump in every few days... I am thinking now that OVERKILL has taken over to some extent for Shaun... Something to look forward to... Brian
71 914 1.7L
87 944S
1987 SAAB 900 Turbo
80 Euro 911SC
1980 Yamaha XT500
Old 03-20-2002, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Perhaps you'll change your mind after you meet him in person this weekend. Afterall, getting to know someone face to face is a lot more fulfilling and sensible than forming opinions about them over the BB
Very true but alas I may think he's a great kid ..buy he still drove people away from here by the bus loads.. So alas ( western accent ) I've gotta keep the peace in this here town.

Matt
Old 03-20-2002, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
and this is of technical use how?

Funny, I just posted about I was PO'd about some folks over at Renn, and I read this tripe? but 2 pages of how one person on a different forum is funny, or not.

me thinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

I now know why I visit this forum 2 or 3 times a month.
Holy schnikes.

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 05-19-2004, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
eh i've never been too impressed with Rennlist anyhow...a bit too 'stoic' for my taste, i guess.... a little rivalry is a good thing, methinks...

maybe this will start a war, and Rennlist and Pelican will become the Yankees and Red Sox of the internet Porsche forums?
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 05-19-2004, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Hey, I'm a White Sox fan- does that count? Nobody roots for those guys 'cept me!

Oh yeah- I got problems!

J/K-

Rivalry? how about ribaldry.

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 05-19-2004, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

SHaun never bo5thered me.... trying to remember the jackass that wanted to have a flaming tailpipe

HE was annoying

Edit...(Craig944)

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information

Last edited by AFJuvat; 05-19-2004 at 06:49 PM..
Old 05-19-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Never had any troubles with Shaun either....

You had to love Craig944 in a weird way though.......... maybe in a sick way...

Porschby was another classic character....
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I think its kinda funny, all of it. Trolls will be trolls, Rennlist or Pelican. I rather enjoy a good flame war, from time to time after a long day at work, it's relaxing and humorus. Sometimes I think people take themselves too seriously (not naming ANY names) and things get out of hand. Oh well just my .02
Old 05-19-2004, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
When is a flame not a flame?

Too many think a heated debate is a flame war. Not close. Seems that anyone that is unable to formulate a logical reply decays into calling the thread flaming when it's his/her short comings.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 05-20-2004, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_924s
and this is of technical use how?

Funny, I just posted about I was PO'd about some folks over at Renn, and I read this tripe? but 2 pages of how one person on a different forum is funny, or not.

me thinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

I now know why I visit this forum 2 or 3 times a month.
Holy schnikes.
And I'm sure that bringing a 2+ year old thread to life is of technical use also. Pelican is no longer the same place it was 2+ years ago, and neither is Rennlist. I'm not sure about how ressurecting this post will prove any kind of point.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 05-20-2004, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

No real point Nab....Didn't you hear this was resurrection week?

Ahhhh, Ghost from the past...

What about Overkill?....

Gotta love a guy that boils engine parts and assembles his engine three times. I got a real kick out of reading his posts when I was doing my valve job.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: