Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to 944S Boyeee
People at Rennlist now have problems....

I was reading some stuff over at Rennlist and saw that Shaun (MiddleEastMafia) has become a member over there. One poster said,

"Actually Shaun, this is a public forum like many others. I will say that it is a bit more mature than that of the Pelican site.
Your profanity at that site and posting messages just to start bickering matches between you and some of the other "youngsters" over there was one of the main resons I haven't logged on for over a year. There was way too much BS over there."

So, now that Shaun is over there - will Rennlist become "a bit less mature" than the Pelican site??? And will this poster end up not logging into Rennlist for the next year due to increased "BS" over there??

Oh the silliness!!!

944SBoyeee
Old 03-18-2002, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
The only thing that will come of it is their will be a few new funny posts. Nothing big, he wasn't the reason this board became "immature". I'm glad that Shaun is back, you miss all the good stuff my friend. I suggest you do some searches for things that he posted. Funny stuff.

Search for Peter Pan.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I saw that Peter Pan website, what exactlty is the deal with that? The website seems normal enough to me, what is so funny about it???

From reading some of Shaun's post, I can say I don't like him - but that is just from his posts.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I guess its one of those things where you had to been their, read all the posts.

With shaun, either you love him or you hate him.

He does bring technical aspect as well.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I read some post - how do I search more?? I put in his name and searched - but nothing came up.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
shaun is a funny, yet angry young man, and has a problem with authority. unless he's learned his lessons from his pelican stint, in the end he'll probably be banned from rennlist, too.

he did have some good ideas though...remember the tri-wing?

Old 03-18-2002, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Shaun funny? Just wait till he starts with the telephone harassment bs or posting your personal information... then, see if you can still laugh at his cra**

I am glad he is gone
Old 03-18-2002, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

He strikes me as someone who thinks he owns the world. I feel bad for people like that - I know a lot of them.

944SBoyeee
Old 03-18-2002, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by javier
Shaun funny? Just wait till he starts with the telephone harassment bs or posting your personal information... then, see if you can still laugh at his cra**

I am glad he is gone
What were these telephone harassments?

Just curious, not trying to start trouble.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bob's944
Quote:
Originally posted by javier

I am glad he is gone
I think you have Shaun mixed up with others who have been kicked off. Shaun wasn't calling and buggin Wayne, that was others involved that hated Shaun. Shaun is actually a good kid that happens to love his 944 alot, and it shows. It's hard to find kids his age that don't drink and do drugs and have their lives revolve around that. Shaun also likes to have alot of fun and kid around alot, he's a kid remember? Most all the complaints about him came from where he was JOKING around. Those taking exception to the humor can just close the post and ignore it, but many 'mature' people on here did not... they complained and complained. Sad...

Shaun deserves to be on here. How many of your have painted their wheels black because of Shaun? Done the front bumper mod? Thought about a double rear wing? received more real life info on US legal 944 top speed? Yeah... he can be a Kook sometimes... but it was all in fun until the complaining came. Being from the more 'mature' viewpoint, for the life of me I couldn't understand why these "mature" boardmembers would even care about the subjects in the posts, yet they did, and they would complain to the moderators and Wayne about them. Shaun is growing and learning, I hope the same is same for the 'complainers'.

Now can't we all get along?

Here's to Shaun's pride in his car...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shaun944.jpg (28.8 KB, 606 views)
Old 03-18-2002, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to autoxluke
I am not fimilar with the peter pan post. I searched and cannot find it? Can somebody help me. I want a good laugh!

dreaming about a morissdampers setup
Old 03-18-2002, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Bob, I couldn't have said it better!
Old 03-18-2002, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
I started posting at around the time Shaun got banned, so I don't know him. However, after going through the archives and reading his old posts, I think he is hilarious. True, he got some problems, but who doesn't? He has a sweet car, and has a right to be enthusiastic and proud of it. I think he might have got the inspiration for his wheels from Blackfoot though
Old 03-18-2002, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I have to agree with Stray, and Bob. I didn't find anything wrong with Shaun. But he did rub a few folks the wrong way. I can also see Wayne's side of it too. I think Shaun was one of the main reasons that we now have an O.T. forum.

And Yeah those Peter Pan posts were pretty funny!
Old 03-18-2002, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Although I never did get in the Shaun thing...I read most of his posts. Sometimes he was funny, sometimes just joking. I didn't mind him too much. The only thing that urked me was that he didn't know when to shut up or stop. Sometimes he was outright rude. But I think that is the young age showing. He was a pretty nice guy...just could use some growing up in the right situations :P
Old 03-18-2002, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Bob and Stray I agree with you 100%.

Shaun is a kid and is still a kid........and reminded me of the stupid things I would do at his age (or at my current age)

Overall............. the posts he started or kept going were pretty damn funny!!!!!!!!!!!
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 03-18-2002, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Hey Stray what's up

YEah thought the name mideast mafia rang abell,

so Shaun got busted from here then,

hmm, well I post all over the place and had more comebacks thabn lassie !#

laters

Adrian
Old 03-19-2002, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Shauns a very cool kid, Hes got an extremely ireverant sense of humor as I do...with people like us you either luagh or cry..I say luagh it up...things were kept interesting when he was here...Id start the same crap but with all these threats of being PUNTED Im trying my best to be a good boy since this place is agreat place for tech info and a great bunch of characters....best to all-chris
Old 03-19-2002, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Hmm let me see.. oh yea ... Nope not going to happen

Matt
Old 03-20-2002, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PorscheG96
Quote:
Originally posted by lordgrommit
Hmm let me see.. oh yea ... Nope not going to happen

Matt
Perhaps you'll change your mind after you meet him in person this weekend. Afterall, getting to know someone face to face is a lot more fulfilling and sensible than forming opinions about them over the BB. I talked to Shaun for a couple hours last night, hadn't really made conversation with him before. I was impressed, he's a very bright and thoughtful young man with loads of determination. I was blown away by the project he completed after the past few months!! I don't think people had a problem with his wit or humor as much as the EXCESS of it that got spewed onto the board. Humor in small doses is great, in my opinion. Either way, I can't wait to meet a bunch of you this weekend, it's been years in the making for me at least.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: