Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Skype™ to massive
Battery Tray question

Finally got around to cleaning out the leaves and gunk from the battery tray on my 944. Thankfully there was very little corrosion and only needed to refresh a bit of cracked seam sealer. Anyway, just wondered if anyone has devised a solution or used a aftermarket part that stops all the crap getting down there in the first place. I guess I'm looking for some kind of shield/net/gauze that surrounds the battery to prevent the bigger particles like leaves getting down there but still lets the water drain through.

cheers

http://944foot2thefloor.blogspot.com/
Old 09-22-2011, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have thinked the same..
I dont have any covering at the hood and windshield.. does yours have one?

I think that is the reason there is a lot of c..p on those trays..
Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Parrothead member

a few yrs ago i made a screen out of some 1/4" galvanized hardware cloth(chickenwire), cut it to fit so it looked neat, sprayed it black. Held it in place under the windsheild with black silicone. Worked out pretty good.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to massive
Quote:
Originally Posted by VINMAN View Post
a few yrs ago i made a screen out of some 1/4" galvanized hardware cloth(chickenwire), cut it to fit so it looked neat, sprayed it black. Held it in place under the windsheild with black silicone. Worked out pretty good.
You got any photos?

http://944foot2thefloor.blogspot.com/
Old 09-22-2011, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
unindicted co-conspirator

i may try that also, i'm tired of contorting my hand to get the nasty leaves from around the fuse block
Old 09-22-2011, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massive View Post
You got any photos?
Dont have it on there now. I lost it when my hood flew off the car. Eventually I'll make another one up
Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
battery tray