Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

89 S2 for 944

Hi all,

Iíve got a well sorted early 85 944 that Iíve driven as a summer DD for 5 years. Well sorted includes boxes steel arms, adj Koniís, 250 lbs springs, delrin bushings, big bars and 225/45 - 255/40 17Ē tires. I love the car, but it so needs more power. I was thinking of doing the LS1 thing, but just canít bring myself to do it. I donít want to start that debate, this forum and the internet is full of it. My questions:
Iíve found a local 89 S2 in really bad condition, interior and body. Engine has 180K on it and although runs, it has a knock. Doesnít sound like lifters. Iím taking the oil filter from it and will inspect it to see what the engine is making. If I can rebuild the engine, it would be a great improvement for my 944. What performance parts are available for the S2 engines? What else from this car should be used to ďupgradeĒ my 944. In the end, do you just end up with an ď85Ē S2, or are the earlier cars lighter? Any advice or comments?

Thanks,
Gord.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Pros;
Yes car is lighter better power to weight than S2 by a good margin
Sale of your old motor

Cons;
Cost to repair this motor,could be expensive
Fitting engine and sorting electrics can be costly depending on model
Higher cost of engine service parts and in most cases
Best to change to later 944 gearbox for better ratios if your is 1985/1 model
Performance engine parts more costly for this motor

IMO you would be better to buy a good running motor,my 2.7 donor motor had only 31,000 miles on it.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: