Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Question No spark

ive done almost all the thing on the list but the car still not getting a spark..new starter n cables coil dme im gonna check the fuel pump today but that wouldnt make it so its a dead turn?everythng Else comes on a works w key even a/c..n i love all 6 Saab's ive owned never had to go online to fix any of them just change oil n got 420k 380k 289k.....so dont put down Saab's when a porsche gets a million miles then you can talk *****

Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael944s900s View Post
ive done almost all the thing on the list but the car still not getting a spark..new starter n cables coil dme im gonna check the fuel pump today but that wouldnt make it so its a dead turn?everythng Else comes on a works w key even a/c..n i love all 6 Saab's ive owned never had to go online to fix any of them just change oil n got 420k 380k 289k.....so dont put down Saab's when a porsche gets a million miles then you can talk *****
and the dme say dme ralies upside down is it in right?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Have you checked the reference and speed sensors???

When you turn the key to crank, if your tach does not bounce slightly than most likely you have a bad reference sensor. I just went through this same thing.

And this is a Porsche Forum, we don't come here to talk smack about Saabs. We come here to discuss Porsches

Last edited by pjs77; 10-18-2011 at 01:59 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

i fixed it today was dme/fuel relay n Ignition Switch i did myself..wasnt easy n i have a saab n bmw i proud of...i just joined the porsche family n everyones eles posts other crap they drive ford f150?n crap all i did was say thats what i drive n sumone made a big deal..id take a 20 year old saab over a brand new porsche if i had to drive cross country..who wouldnt u just change oil n go 400k.........i read 12 hours on clarks n did fuel pump n filter m tons off stuff in one day myself sorry i have a busy life i dont have time 2 spell check n w.e.......
944900sM3
Old 10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

my tach didnt but my fuel gauge did intill i replced dme...i coulda got it online for 25 but whent to dealership n paid 105 n tax ahbut she runs now thanks everyone..now what can i do like cold air intake or any chips that are good for more h/p?i LOVE taken turns in this car its like pulln Gs in a plane...did porsche ever make a model that handels as well as the 44s?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
This is my first reply to your first post (83 944 key prob) QUOTE: He mention that the key work but doesn't start the car,I will suspect the ignition switch is not working .After banging your head against the wall for a week now you finally got it fix by replacing not only the DME relay which btw (I personally don't think was the problem) but also the ignition switch which I believe was causing the real no start problem.Now if your trying to get back at me for mentioning ( the spell check & the Saab 900) will tell you one thing, your losing your time (seen it & been) their before.Sorry for being the kind of guys who don't chew it's words but that the way I am.But if you take time to research my past posts & replies you will also find out that I'm always ready to go out of my way to help either new member or old hands to the best of my knowledge. Now your cold air intake leave it as is (OE),just make sure your air filter is clean & is not clog. A cone filter will give you no gain what so ever.Where your money will be best invested is in a good tune up the rigth spark plugs (for your car) wires/dist cap & rotor.Then the suspension new bushing all around/ front struts inserts/rear shocks/upgrade to 16" wheels if not done yet & the rigth tires.Lowering the car 1 1/2" in the front & 3/4" in the back.If you think your car is fun going around curves rigth now try what I mention then come back & let us know the difference.
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Banned

i did the check on the DME n it was no good i did both paper clip n bypass from clarks n failed..the car got a 5,700 repair bill from old owner and the car sat n sat n sat 2-3 years(thank god he didnt have drop of gas in tank)i order a 2nd DME online and a 2nd fuel pump..the engine and tranny were rebuilt before the last owner had twins..lol no joke he left me a wad of 100s in the car he felt bad that it stoped running when i got home..but i dont take offence to anythng online and you and one other person put me on track so i thank you and everyone here..5 outa 10 44s i looked at stoped running after they started to play w them n took them offline for sale..now that i have alarm jumpers n starter jumpers in a kit i wish they repost them so i can go start them shame...one was a 88 with 30k black on black 2 grand n set off the alarm..anyways thank you ernie..cant do a cup of java thing so man hug lol
Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Banned

o i forgot to ask what kind of gas n can i use fuel inject cleaners n stuff in gas i put techtron in but i need more i got the small bottle but i put in more gas so im gona get a 2nd one...
Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs77 View Post
Have you checked the reference and speed sensors???

When you turn the key to crank, if your tach does not bounce slightly than most likely you have a bad reference sensor. I just went through this same thing.

And this is a Porsche Forum, we don't come here to talk smack about Saabs. We come here to discuss Porsches
Micheal,don't worry about what your fuel gauge is doing,how fast you go in corners or what kind or the amount of injector cleaner,as for spell check you don't have time??? its highlighted in BLUE in the post reply window for gods sake,listen to whats being said,stop racing off buying parts you don't need or sell the car and go to a saab forum.
You don't appear to be prepared to listen to anyone,sorry thats the facts
ernie you have great patience with this guy as I can't be bothered any more as for others,oh and by the way I ran spell check on this one

Old 10-18-2011, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: