Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Question old 44s that sat..oil gas fuel additives?

I was wondering what type of gas and oil i should use in my 83 44 that sat 3 years(gas tank was empty plus)i put in a small bottle of tech-tron and it ran great but when i filled tank didnt run as well ....should i put a bigger bottle of tech-tron in and whats good for the lines and injectors for cleaning?

michael
83 944 i just wana clean my lines n blow out the junk n w.e has built up over the years..how hard is it to replace all the fuel lines?

Last edited by michael944s900s; 10-20-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Why not ask your friends at Meineke?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Oil.... everyone has a opinion on that. I'd say use a name brand oil of the propeer weight. If you find one with ZDDP in it even better. Use the highest octane fuel for a while. Not for the octane but it usually had more cleaners in it than other grades (that what I heard anyhow, plus it can't hurt). Use 2 cans of techron, use the amount reccomended, after that change the oil. If it still runs bad with fresh gas you may be screwed, something maybe be varnished up and need replacing or cleaning.. at least some diagnosis as to the problem
Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
You could try putting a sock around the fuel filter, it will help filter out the bad stuff. Just don't lose it down the tank. Also if your fuel pump has leaking O-rings for the check valve, removal of the leaking O-rings will keep the O-ring from causing your leak.

Also you may want remove your intake airbox and replace it with a sock, if its a thin well worn sock it will be free-er flowing than the stock air filter. Less restriction = more power, plus if you do both these mods, having two socks adds the possibility of an extra two feet worth of torque even without the other benefits I've already mentioned.

There is another mod you can do with socks, you can plug your oil fill tube with one, but you have to be extra careful, some deluxe 944's have a heavy duty oil pump that has extra power. A user with the deluxe 944 with this oil pump tried the mod, and the pump's extra suction drew the sock into the crankcase, and it wrapped around his rod bearings. It was a blessing in disguise, when he took his belly pan off, he found out he had some extreme fatigue in the crankshaft bolts that could of led to catastrophic engine failure. He was frustrated he had to take it all apart because he didn't realize he had the heavy duty oil pump, but he didn't regret it when he realized if he hadn't, his engine could of blown up!!!

The 928 guys might be able to chime in with some more useful cheap stuff you can do to fix your car, the 944 is half a 928 so the mods should carry over. I don't remember them all though.

Last edited by Tervuren; 10-20-2011 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Rocket Surgeon

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Pettybird
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantilla View Post
why not ask your friends at meineke?

bwaaaaaa
Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervuren View Post
The 928 guys might be able to chime in with some more useful cheap stuff you can do to fix your car, the 944 is half a 928 so the mods should carry over. I don't remember them all though.
The electrical repairs using old lamp cords come to mind....
Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete R View Post
Oil.... everyone has a opinion on that. I'd say use a name brand oil of the propeer weight. If you find one with ZDDP in it even better. Use the highest octane fuel for a while. Not for the octane but it usually had more cleaners in it than other grades (that what I heard anyhow, plus it can't hurt). Use 2 cans of techron, use the amount reccomended, after that change the oil. If it still runs bad with fresh gas you may be screwed, something maybe be varnished up and need replacing or cleaning.. at least some diagnosis as to the problem
thank you ur help is much loved ive had so many ppl blow up over me misspelling stuff and just come on here for help n what ive learned to share with new ppl but so many ppl come on here to hate on ppl im so happy to have found a nice person..
Old 10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantilla View Post
go beat ur wife.... lol
Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervuren View Post
You could try putting a sock around the fuel filter, it will help filter out the bad stuff. Just don't lose it down the tank. Also if your fuel pump has leaking O-rings for the check valve, removal of the leaking O-rings will keep the O-ring from causing your leak.

Also you may want remove your intake airbox and replace it with a sock, if its a thin well worn sock it will be free-er flowing than the stock air filter. Less restriction = more power, plus if you do both these mods, having two socks adds the possibility of an extra two feet worth of torque even without the other benefits I've already mentioned.

There is another mod you can do with socks, you can plug your oil fill tube with one, but you have to be extra careful, some deluxe 944's have a heavy duty oil pump that has extra power. A user with the deluxe 944 with this oil pump tried the mod, and the pump's extra suction drew the sock into the crankcase, and it wrapped around his rod bearings. It was a blessing in disguise, when he took his belly pan off, he found out he had some extreme fatigue in the crankshaft bolts that could of led to catastrophic engine failure. He was frustrated he had to take it all apart because he didn't realize he had the heavy duty oil pump, but he didn't regret it when he realized if he hadn't, his engine could of blown up!!!

thank you there is a sign of hope that all ppl on here arent haters thank you ur help is much appreciated if ive misspelled somthing im sorry i didnt know so many ppl would take time outa there life to hate on sumone cuz they didnt dot an i <3
Old 10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantilla View Post
why do i hava feeling u dont even own a car lol
Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Banned

to everyone whos helped thank u TONS to the hater who live in lil crap town who prob dnt even own a car i love you1111 u made my dumb post about an oil change to the most popular post on the whole site lol .......and made ur self look like 5 year olds..classic online retards..n my fav online tuff guys who live 500 miles away n wanna meet u 3 fight lmao love it all attn is good
Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
please don't this as a personal attack but as something to consider.

Your posts are incredibly hard to read. I find them harder to read than a forum poster who is 2nd language English and I do read text speak ok

there are english-speaking posters here from all over the world. Sure our accents are different, we might spell things slightly different and use different slang but I can post something here and have someone thousands of miles away in a different culture understand me completely. I cannot 100% say that about your posts.

I joined this forum when i was about 20, i'd already had my first 924 for a couple of years. There is such a wealth of knowledge and experience here and other similar boards. I've seen lots of new posters come and go. I've seen enough 'how do I turbo my n/a' and 'how do i make my n/a faster' threads to give a cat hairloss. I've also seen forum regulars shun new posters. They say when you first meet someone it takes 3 seconds for you to judge them, hence the saying 'first impressions last.'

You have to understand that as far communication goes written word by itself can be taken completely the wrong way if you haven't done it right. Human beings pick up on more information from body language in a conversation from than they do reading a message:

for instance, its hard to guage tone in a written post. E.g. you couldn't tell that Tervuren's post was sarcasm and not actually all that helpful :P

so you see, people posting here can be taken the wrong way if you don't take the time to take care with what you write. To put it bluntly you’ve made a very bad impression, but that doesn’t mean that things have to stay that way. Its not often that you get the owner of the website deleting threads, yours was the first I've ever seen deleted on the 924/944/968 board!

The easiest and fastest way to get answers to a problem on a technical forum is to express it in a way that as many people as possible can understand your query and contribute. thats the idea of communities like these.

So spelling and grammar isn’t your strength. No one would put you down for trying! You would get more positive responses if after writing a post you did a proofread or a spellcheck, chucked it into a few paragraphs so it doesn't look like a tl;dr wall of text.

Even if you posted your message to get it down and then go back and edit to make sure it's easy to read and make sense. If it doesn’t make sense to you it probably won’t to anyone else. then you would spend more time reading answers to problems and not spend 2 pages defending the way you write.

You never know, if you practise those simple things here it could rub off and help your writing in the real world.

i noticed your profile says:
Occupation
wed design

i hope you take the time to proofread your work or you'll be a poor webdesigner unless I have it wrong, then you could be a successful wedding planner

You might notice my grammar isn't perfect in this post, but i know it doesn't have to be because i know everyone here will still understand it.

p.s. i knew this was going to be a big post so i wrote it in MS word so I could see and read the whole message. then I copied and pasted it into pelican to post it. Even then, i have still edited this post 4 times since i posted it.

Last edited by J1NX3D; 10-21-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I tend to think that this Michael is just playing on here and trying to see who he can stir up??? Remember he said he has got his car running then he asks for PD wheels then he says Oil change broke his car now he asks what he should do as far as fuel and oil to use. Very strange to me Is some one just a little strange??? I think we should boycott his post what say you??
my toys
Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAd924 View Post
please don't this as a personal attack but as something to consider.

Your posts are incredibly hard to read. I find them harder to read than a forum poster who is 2nd language English and I do read text speak ok

there are english-speaking posters here from all over the world. Sure our accents are different, we might spell things slightly different and use different slang but I can post something here and have someone thousands of miles away in a different culture understand me completely. I cannot 100% say that about your posts.

I joined this forum when i was about 20, i'd already had my first 924 for a couple of years. There is such a wealth of knowledge and experience here and other similar boards. I've seen lots of new posters come and go. I've seen enough 'how do I turbo my n/a' and 'how do i make my n/a faster' threads to give a cat hairloss. I've also seen forum regulars shun new posters. They say when you first meet someone it takes 3 seconds for you to judge them, hence the saying 'first impressions last.'

You have to understand that as far communication goes written word by itself can be taken completely the wrong way if you haven't done it right. Human beings pick up on more information from body language in a conversation from than they do reading a message:

for instance, its hard to guage tone in a written post. E.g. you couldn't tell that Tervuren's post was sarcasm and not actually all that helpful :P

so you see, people posting here can be taken the wrong way if you don't take the time to take care with what you write. To put it bluntly youíve made a very bad impression, but that doesnít mean that things have to stay that way. Its not often that you get the owner of the website deleting threads, yours was the first I've ever seen deleted on the 924/944/968 board!

The easiest and fastest way to get answers to a problem on a technical forum is to express it in a way that as many people as possible can understand your query and contribute. thats the idea of communities like these.

So spelling and grammar isnít your strength. No one would put you down for trying! You would get more positive responses if after writing a post you did a proofread or a spellcheck, chucked it into a few paragraphs so it doesn't look like a tl;dr wall of text.

Even if you posted your message to get it down and then go back and edit to make sure it's easy to read and make sense. If it doesnít make sense to you it probably wonít to anyone else. then you would spend more time reading answers to problems and not spend 2 pages defending the way you write.

You never know, if you practise those simple things here it could rub off and help your writing in the real world.

i noticed your profile says:
Occupation
wed design

i hope you take the time to proofread your work or you'll be a poor webdesigner unless I have it wrong, then you could be a successful wedding planner

You might notice my grammar isn't perfect in this post, but i know it doesn't have to be because i know everyone here will still understand it.

p.s. i knew this was going to be a big post so i wrote it in MS word so I could see and read the whole message. then I copied and pasted it into pelican to post it. Even then, i have still edited this post 4 times since i posted it.
Well done, think he may get there,but I look @ the next reply and I see a comment questioning what he's doing,my daughter suggests he may be a "troll ",she says they are only "sturring up trouble'' to gauge response and enjoy it .
Facebook apparently has these,I wouldn't know as I don't go on there.
He hasn't offended me too much but the "go beat your wife " comment was pretty low.
Come on Micheal we are trying to be nice ,you will get it sorted,won't you?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: