Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Alternator AND starter?

Hey guys. I recently posted that I went to start my car up and all I heard was a click. I jumped it and the same thing. So I left the battery on charge overnight. It started right up the next morning. I stopped by an exxon to get something to drink and went to start it up and click. I got my step dad to put a new battery in it while I was at school and he took it home. He said that he turned it off and started it a few times and he said it usually would click. And he would try it again and it would start. Well, I went to start it today and it started right up. I'm pretty sure the alternator is bad cause the battery volt Gage would fluctuate all the time. Any tips? Thanks

Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
sounds like a bad connection some where, if the alternator was bad the battery probably wouldn't last the drive home as the fuel pump and all other electrics take a good amount of juice.
my toys
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I'm with Alan. There are a few points to check. Obviously the battery connections. Altenator and the Starter next, then the main ground points. Good luck. Check back and let us know how things went.

Rick
Old 10-27-2011, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
Bet it's a bad ground.

Black Cars Matter
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: