Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

924 turbo won't start

Hi

I have just refitted the inlet manifold on my 1981 (uk) 924 turbo after removing it to extract the broken engine mount studs.

Now it won't start, however it is turning over but I can't hear the fuel pump running when cranking and the tacho is working. I have removed the fuel pump relay and found 12v at pin 15 with the ignition on, pin 31 is ground, pin 1 has continuity to the coil terminal 1, pin 30 has 12v from the battery and the pump runs when I bridge pins 30 and 87 ?

With the pins 30 and 87 bridged (fuel pump running), should the engine then start off the key (it doesn't) ?

Does it sound like the relay or something else, and how do I test the relay off the car ?

Last edited by johntom; 01-15-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to flosho Send a message via Yahoo to flosho
The car should start as normal with the fuel pump jumpered as you have described.

I don't know that the FP relay would be related to your no start since you wouldn't have touched the relay while installing the manifold.

I would go through, make sure all your electrical connectors are connected, engine ground is good, etc..
Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Check the connection at the overboost switch at the front of the intake tube. Also, check the connections at the ignition module and the DITC for corrosion or loose connectors.

Dennis
Old 01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Whereabouts are the DITC and the ignition module ?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
The ignition module should be at the front of the left side wheel well. On the US models the DITC is behind the center console on the left side. It has a 14 pin connector and vacuum line attached.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: