Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I'm dyin here!

Howdy

The oil pressure relief valve (oil cooler located) that Pelican Parts sells... can I use that on my 1988 944 S? I started my car the other day and oil came out of the filter... filter wasn't bad. Took the oil pressure relief valve out and it was a ***** to get out... it was stuck!

Any ideas where I can find one?

thanks,
kerry
Old 04-23-2002, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
pics

Kerry,
I don't have your answer; I have a request. Is there any way you can dig up a digital camera or scan a pic of your relief valve as is - the old stuck one, so I can compare it to my own.
I have an early NA, and don't even know that they're the same design - but I'm betting they are.
Thanks.
If anyone else has pics - please post so I can reference them!
1997 Sentra (unclaimed!)
Old 04-24-2002, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Give Pelican a call, they are very helpfull folks and they know their stuff and theif products. They might have an answer for you.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

97XRAY... damn - I already put the valve back into the housing after my father fixed it and re-sealed it. c/c++ and flash due dates have kept me from checking up on my topic often. Sorry bud, if it was out i'd take a picture.

unfortunately, now i'll be calling about an oil pump, not a relief valve =(

we tried cranking it today with out the distributor hooked up... no oil pressure. took the filter off and cranked it (lol), oil didn't even come out of the filter tube, nada, nothing. i think that when oil came out of the filter and the oil pressure guage hit 5 bar and didn't come down... the oil pump seized or "exploded."

Kerry944

Last edited by Kerry944; 04-24-2002 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-24-2002, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
pump

Kerry,
Maybe you could email me with some more details on how you checked the pump, here's why I'm interested:
Since I bought the P-car almost one year ago, I've had a little oil spill for the first ten minutes of driving. It's enough to smoke under the hood for like I said, 5 to 10 minutes, then it stops. Performance is never compromised, but I worry.

So in trying to avoid the cam housing job (tricky for an amatuer on an NA; must remove cam shaft) I'm itching to hear all about other possible oil circulating problems I can check out.
Thanks - if you do email, send to:
jonnyflyboy@yahoo.com
or just use the Pelican message thing
1997 Sentra (unclaimed!)
Old 04-25-2002, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: