Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unfortunately the car does not have an options sticker in the trunk...

These two stickers are the only ones that look similarly useful...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3161 (permalink)
Patrick

Garage
Steelstorm: $160.00 using Genuine Porsche coolant.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3162 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
In Storage for the winter

Got her all winterized and parked in a dry place!
1987 944
Old 11-20-2016, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3163 (permalink)

What'd I do today? I bought mine!

1991 944 S2
Old 11-20-2016, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yundar View Post
Got her all winterized and parked in a dry place!
Beautiful! Pardon my ignorance, I am new at this, but what does winterizing consist of?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3165 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
@ jacobroufa Well... I live in the foothills of Washington's Cascades. Its pretty wet here all winter and the highway department uses a pretty corrosive de-icer on the roads. As such I like to park my car for the winter and my main focus is moisture prevention. I start by washing the car really well especially underneath and in the wheel wells. Anywhere where there is dirt can hold moisture. Even though this is no beauty queen I make sure to put a good coat of wax on it paying more attention to getting wax in the nooks and crannies then detailing the paint. I also like to bring it to a coin-op car wash that has spray on wax. This is good for spraying wax in the wheel wells and underneath the car. Under the hood I like to spray everything down with WD-40 to prevent oxidization on all the aluminum parts. I vacuum out all the leaves and needles from the cowling below the windshield and I like to take the battery out and clean underneath it. That is a good hiding spot for debris and water and it's corrosion prone. I spray WD-40 under the battery too. I usually leave the battery disconnected at the negative terminal. Since this car is used for autocross and the occasional track day I don't have any carpet or rear seats. I spray all the metal surfaces and seams down with WD-40 inside the car. Lastly I fill the tank with good fuel and I add one can of Sea Foam corrosion inhibitor and water displacer. Sea Foam is a product used for boats that spend winters outside and live in a damp environment. It's popular in the Pacific Northwest and up in Alaska. If I had a ton of money I might change the oil as I have heard it recommended but I like to do the fresh oil change in the spring when I start driving again. I can't justify changing the oil then not driving the car at all and then changing it again in the spring. The car gets parked inside for the winter so I don't worry about the antifreeze but if I were to park outside or in a colder climate I would change that out too.

I'm sure others can add more ideas or more tips relevant to other regions but I feel like this is pretty good for me... Hope this helps.
1987 944
Old 11-23-2016, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3166 (permalink)

Kessel run in 12 parsecs!

Garage
4 new tires, 2 cv, half shafts, a freshly painted door installed after some looser did a hit and run and left a nice whammo in it. Looking forward to doing some oil leak tracking, it will have to wait.....
Old 12-02-2016, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3167 (permalink)
Patrick

Garage
Nothing major today but did manage to locate two small items that appear to be missing from many of our cars and installed them this afternoon.

1. Metal battery shield that mounts on the hood:

2. Upper radiator hose clamp which bolts on the air box bracket:

Moving ever so much closer... (to what I have no idea)!
Old 12-03-2016, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3168 (permalink)
Registered

I moved my project (my daughter's 87 924s) in from the "waiting to be worked on" shed to the "being worked on" barn. Put it on stands to remove the automatic transaxle to swap in the 5spd. Also, realized that the spare hatch/frame I repaired is from a non-third brake light car.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3169 (permalink)

Garage
Added a brake light to the blank lens on my 944.

I added a brake light the unused lens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhSYemNNnl0

So easy!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3170 (permalink)
curtisr

Garage
Reattached the passenger side front (A pillar?) sunroof drain hose. Now water runs in from the battery box instead of the side of the footwell. I'm telling myself that this represents progress.
1987 924s Garnet Red (with FIAMM air horns!)
1982 928 Silver (sold)
Old 12-08-2016, 03:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3171 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
968 front splitter

Finally finished making my front splitter / finally out for the test drive

Old 12-12-2016, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3172 (permalink)

wow looks great!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3173 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
968 splitter

Thank you it took a while a wanted something a little different since one of my 968 builds was flared i wanted something to meet the front flares ...so i made my own design and mold so i could tweek the design, ive made many parts but never a splitter ..maybe a new rear wing next , works well on the none flared 968s as well

Old 12-13-2016, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3174 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp951 View Post
Thank you it took a while a wanted something a little different since one of my 968 builds was flared i wanted something to meet the front flares ...so i made my own design and mold so i could tweek the design, ive made many parts but never a splitter ..maybe a new rear wing next , works well on the none flared 968s as well

can you make me one? I have a 944 with a 951 look alike front bumper.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3175 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

I have made a smaller front splitter for my other builds , not too different from the other on the market . im working on a new style for my turbo s , as the build progresses

Old 12-14-2016, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3176 (permalink)
Registered

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 12-14-2016, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3177 (permalink)
Registered

Today, I removed the torque tube from my automatic-to-manual project. I was under the impression that that the TT from an auto car was the same as the TT for a manual car, save for a couple of tapped holes for the shifter.

Upon removal, I see that the auto TT has its rear-most bearing mounted in an aluminum housing. I was hoping to use this TT because its bearings feel like new.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 97 View Post
Today, I removed the torque tube from my automatic-to-manual project. I was under the impression that that the TT from an auto car was the same as the TT for a manual car, save for a couple of tapped holes for the shifter.

Upon removal, I see that the auto TT has its rear-most bearing mounted in an aluminum housing. I was hoping to use this TT because its bearings feel like new.
yikes, so not going to work?
Old 12-18-2016, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3179 (permalink)
Registered

I now have three TT's. The one that was in the automatic car feels like the bearings are new. I guess it is not going to work unless I add a fourth bearing, which I think can be done. Rather than add a bearing, I will replace all of them.

I'm planning on doing a nice paint job on the TT housing, so I will probably rebuild the one that is the best start cosmetically.

Shiny parts make the car faster, of course.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3180 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: