Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volhv View Post
Sand blasted this guy.

Maybe I'll throw some primer and paint on it... tomorrow.
___One of the best paint out there for that part will be "Dupli-Color Metalcast anodize" if apply correctly it's very resistant.Come in different color,here is two color I work with up to date "red on my ex 944" & grey on my 968 spark plugs shroud & rad cap (see pics)

[QUOTE=Cocacolakidd;6666482]ernie9944 - We have your package of warmer weather all packed up and ready to ship - It's going by Blimp because it is very large, and will arrive there pretty soon...____Thanks Kidd waiting for that Blimp to fly over head then I can shoot the sucker down & spread some warm weather around this place.

83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
McCanik, Al

Garage
timing belt functional. uber wunderbar!

I wrapped up my first timing belt/balance belt replacement by turning the key.........and it made sweet sounds. oh but then smoke came from behind the ac switch and ruined my f@#$%# day. so i got a pair of pliers and i ripped that lil piece out of its complex lil home. springs flew and i tried to hand my girl what i thought was a long lost nose piercing, but it actually IS part of the switch. Its OK, the AC grill out front had a bunch of rocks selectively lodged between cooling fins and had thence spent its chilling capabilities back into the atmosphere. the radiator had 3/4 cup of sand and smaller rocks collected in its fins. look at your radiator!! its designed with the end caps on the left and right, and the cooling fins looka like this> VVVVVV sand thats passed through the AC grill settles in those riffles.....on mine, the bottom five rows(bout two inches tall) were filled from front to back. i carefully picked rocks n such for a few hours, gave a fresh spritz of paint before i reinstalled. I plan to remove AC BS cause its cold up here...never even noticed it wasnt working. really have no clue what the smokin switch was about. starting to run , out of ram bling p o w e r, must work on car!!!!!! all of this and more has been toyed with over the last three or four weeks, BUT IT STARTS AND RUNS AND THATS WHAT I DID TODAY!!!! just had to vent some.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Open the garage door today & let her out of hibernation.First time on the road since last December.Darn it felt good & it run like a charm,open her up a couple of time just love that growl ,wish I could drive her twelve month a years. But I guess the little pleasure I had today I'm gone to pay for it tomorrow handling the snow blower. Weather warning for up here starting tonigth "severe winter storm 10 to 20 cm of snow with very high wind & high tide in the coastal region,glad there is an 85 ft cliff behind my house.
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
In the past two days... had the whole paint detailed. Looks much better. Removed heavily cracked stone guards. Armor all'd every single piece of black trim around the car... the rubber bumpers look 20 years newer. Replaced a faulty driver side seatbelt and the door handle seals.
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Added touch-up paint. Used a SOS pad to clean up the exhaust tip and add shine. Cleaned the carpets. Added brand new hood crest
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Added touch-up paint. Used a SOS pad to clean up the exhaust tip and add shine. Cleaned the carpets. Added brand new hood crest
Got any close up shots of fender w/out stoneguards? Mine are absolutely awful looking. So many cracks they look like a jigsaw puzzle. I know I have to remove them, but not sure what I'm gonna find under there...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
AFM #725

Garage
I wasn't sure about the stone guards but I had a local guy remove them for $40... there is just good Guards red paint under the stone guard... they are just pasted over at the factory. I'm not sure how to remove them safely, I asked the guy and he said what he uses is basically a big eraser, he had his own tool to go with it but I think it was basically a polishing device, and he had multiple compounds, not just regular polishing compound. I'll go snap a picture of where the guards were.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE=Gawernator;6673528] Armor all'd every single piece of black trim around the car... the rubber bumpers look 20 years newer.

I have a lot of experience detailing car & will give you this piece of advice, never but never use Armor ALL on your cars,for all rubber & plastic trim including interior dash/seats/trim & also safe in your engine bay use "Meguiar's Vinyl & Rubber cleaner/conditioner # 40.They are lot more expensive products out there but this one will do the job just fine
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Thanks for the tip Ernie. What is so wrong with Armor All?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
1983 944 N/A

Garage
Started to pull the old girl apart for paint. Can't wait til she gets back on the road!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Toofah King Bad

Garage
Wash, wax, and spring sunshine for the race car:

"DETERMINATION. Sometimes cars test us to make sure we're worthy. Fix it." - alfadoc
Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Wow that turned out quite nice. Mine looks like crap. Thanks for the pix
Old 04-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta Monsta View Post
^^^Liking that exhaust. Lindsey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXTURBO View Post
Nah not a Lindsey. A local indie sort of... Fl. Autosport (Broadfoot). The install is part of a major maintenance/upgrade project. Slow going since I only have a couple hours on the weekends to dedicate to it. Haven't started the motor yet after the install. Still have my polished intake to install. Will let you know though.
finally got it back on asphalt and off the jackstands. The exhaust note is better than I expected. Yup I'm liking the exhaust.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
No problem
Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
ordered me some visor clips, oil filter, and an odometer gear. while i'm in there...any good suggestions on new lighting for my insrument cluster.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Solved the worn shifter problem with a replaceable bushing.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
drove the hell out of it.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
77 924..clinton twp. mi.

Garage
test fit new 944 hatch spolier...and replaced my head light motor...work's like new again..

Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
porscha

Garage
today i changed my master cylinder brake and my brake fluid though one bleeder broke flush to my caliper :S.. i guess im gonna have to change soon
porsche 944 1986 NA 8 valves 230k Kilometers on the clock weltmeister chip and coil springs , KYB gr-2 shocks all around , weltmeister throttle cam ! REbuilt head and all new sealed Upper motor ! fresh

Canada , Quebec
Old 04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: