Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
McCanik, Al

Garage
Holy smokin AC switch!!

87 944 na automatic. Got it started after the combination timing balance belts routine. every thing sounds nice. did some corrosion fixin to the plug wires too and it sounds so nice. only let it run a few seconds... i have to flush the block and fill with coolant. but while i was hooking up the battery and cautious about powering everything as it had sat out in thick winter snows and the fuse box was drenched. as well as everything else. ive had it sheltered while i did the belts, and digging in that far gave me plenty of overdue maintenence ideas. so after plugging the battery in, i turned the key to on position and fiddled with switches to see whats working and whats not....... didnt get to far before leslie noticed smoke coming from the AC button. dont give two fat lumps of s#% about AC. the refrigerant left town a long time ago(rocks to grill), and its so often cold in washington. anybody know how i can get a look at the under side of the fuse panel? i removed the two screwknobs but the rest doesnt want to budge. i hate breaking things trying to fix stuff. got some old fried wires under the dash too. looks like a hotwire has been added going to the coil. some smaller wires look like they have overheated once or twice. what do i do? ignore it?? ive got other work to do to this car. no AC fuses that i can find just the fresh air blower, i would like to cripple the circuit, keep the defrost and airflow controls working and move on to the next important task. thanks for any ideas

Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Porsche's Love-em Live-em

Garage
did you ever figger out why there was "Smoke coming from A/C Switch"?

Old 07-14-2018, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: