Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
dkbautosports.com

the area under the battery is a common rot spot as we all know . laying fiberglass over it is not in any way a true repair . fiberglass will over time delam off metal then there is the fact that because of what was done it's going to be total hell to do a proper repair next time with all the products that are now in that area .

if your looking for a low cost battery that the battery covers will fit you would want the NAPA sure start 65 # 5041 . the only deferents from the OE porsche battery is the color they are not white like the porsche batterys they are black other than that they are totaly the same .
Old 06-19-2012, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Good Afternoon,

I just got the cover in the mail today. I cut a slit in the middle for the battery hold down and it fits like a glove. Thanks to everyone that helped. Eric
Old 06-23-2012, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
I don't have a battery cover any more, so I use the plastic lid slightly modified from a rattle can over the positve terminal secured to the positive lead by a cable tie. Passes scrutineering so must be OK!!!
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
77 924..clinton twp. mi.

Garage
mine was converted to a side mount befor i got it..work's for me..
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i think the question was about the 944 owner did not like to see the battery top thru the glass to hood gap ????
and wanted to know if there was a proper cover for the battery ?

what you do to a car that's gets tracked doesn't matter ! you only have to pass tech .
so any cover over the pos terminal will do !
Old 06-26-2012, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: