Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to DustinWayman
Porsche Crest Suspension and steering slop

Hey everyone,
I just bought a 1990 S2 Cabriolet and I am experiencing some suspension slop in it. The A-arms have been replaced 2-3 years ago and I am not sure if it is that or what. when I go over some bumps at some very slow speeds the steering wheel just "clunks" and feels very loose. what do you think that these noises are coming from? I am going to replace all busings as well so if anyone knows which ones I should order it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much for your help.

Thanks,
~Dustin Wayman

Old 06-10-2002, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Wink

Don't forget the steering shaft with the two universal joints. My next project is to replace one of these (or the entire shaft). Eveything else I did today; ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar and bushings, struts, engine mounts (a-arm bushings were already replaced).
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-11-2002, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DustinWayman
Did that help you a lot? I am ordering new struts this week along with new bushings, joints and a lot of other things as well. I hope that it will fix everything. The power steering rack seems to be great! doesnt squel or leak any fluid so it should be okay, right? Thanks again for all of your help everyone!

~Dust
Old 06-11-2002, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
"Did that help alot?"

I think what really helped the klunk-klunk over dips type noise was the sway bar bushings. Did have a leaking shock on one side too. The ball joints were fairly firm but no where as tight as new ones. Need to reset the castor and toe in.

Most notable change is replacing the engine mounts.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-11-2002, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I had bad shock and was doing the same thinkLift the car and check the wheells for a play.
It is also easier to determine the fault.
Good luck

Old 06-12-2002, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: