Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

New 944 owner..guess I will be here more!

Thank you for all the help with info on finding a car...I bought one yesterday...Pretty excited, but I don't know if my 911 is digging it, they are parked by each other at the office, and my 911 seems to have a frown on its face.... Anyway...bought a 83 944 from our vet. Good shape, some electrical problems but I will sort those out.. Will post photos soon..

Thanks again,

Todd

GMC service van
Old 06-18-2002, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Welcome to the dark side.

What kind of electrical problems are you having?

AFJuvat
Old 06-18-2002, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

battery is draining all the time...have a ground short somewhere...havent really had time to get into it...I hate those kind of problems
GMC service van
Old 06-18-2002, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It doesn't have one of those early 80's car phones hard wired into it does it? When they wear, those things will drain a battery as fast as leaving your lights on.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ask around town -- there is bound to be someone who really knows what they're doing with auto electric. I've got a guy here in Ft. Worth that has saved me tons of time and money -- he was worth every cent I gave him. Everything else I'm trying to do myself.
Fuchs
Old 06-18-2002, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

welcome to the group, good luck with the new car.

electrical problems can be a pain in the ass. my favorite method of tracking down electrical power drains is to start pulling fuses and relays a couple at a time until the battery holds power for a long period of time. start with power windows, radio, defogger, etc... here's a link with the fuse and relay layout for early cars.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/944/944QA/944_early_fuse_panel.htm

it could be more than one power draining item too. Alot of people have power drain problems with 944's. a car with no electrical problems should hold a charge in the battery for 6 months or more before the electric clock, and the radio memory drain the battery.

Mike
Old 06-18-2002, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all the great help..OK I have another one....pulled the car in the office bay, and noticed a fuel leak at the fitting on the filter...Being a indiana car it is all rusted...should I try to tighten it or just replace the hose assembly....
Thanks again,

Regards,
Todd
GMC service van
Old 06-18-2002, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

don't leave nothin' rusty on the car if you can help it. Always fix stuff right and then you just have to do it once.

Fuchs
Old 06-18-2002, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: