Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
the runs are GONE

I was reading Ausies post about cleaning his car and that got me out to work on mine. I sanded with 400 wet and took off all the runs, then I hit it with 800 and now I will go with 1000 and then 2000 before buff. I used a piece of paint stir stick and it worked great I am soo happy now. I tryed the razor blade thing but was not too happy with that being there were so many runs. I do have to respray one corner but thats all. Just an update
my toys
Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Awesome!!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Top stuff mate, I'll be in the garage working on getting her nice and shiney all over this holidays
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Motor Head

Yeah the razor blade thing is only a starting point anyway to remove the nastiest of runs. You still have to follow up with the normal block sanding/etc too. I had some nasty runs on my 931 front panel when I resprayed it a while back. Came out looking really nice. I posted up some short vids when I did that, here's one... razor_paint_run_1.MOV - YouTube Once again though the razor is only a starting point for severe runs and you still need to block it. It's SOOOOO much faster than blocking the entire thing though. Granted I shouldn't have ran the paint anyway, but it was a new gun and I assumed too much before I shot the clear and paid for it with more work.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: