Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
hatch spoiler woes

So my 951 when I went out to defrost it this morning I noticed the corner of the spoiler where it meets the glass on the "tray" part near the drain holes has lifted, I heated the area thinking ice got under there, but stayed there. Can I remove the hatch spoiler and re seat it?? It looks like somes one changed it at some point at its all philips heads where the screws are. I've never had this happen on any of my 944s or 924s, so I'm curius about how the hatch spoiler goes together etc, I couldn't find any links to how to reseat it or remove it. Thanks in advance!
87 944 Turbo shes got a few goodies. New DD
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I once disassembled a hatch. What I recall is there is a special tool needed for the spoiler to hatch fastener screws. It looks like an inverse flat tip screwdriver. I won't attempt to describe it further as most of you own 944's and can go outside and look at it if you are curious.

I would check to see if the screws were re-installed and are tight. It is also possible the fasteners embedded in the hatch foam have been ripped out.

When I tried to remove parts of the spoiler, I didn't have the proper tool, so I improvised. I managed to get some of the screws out but the next issues was the spoiler was stuck to the glass due to grime build up. I managed to remove the side parts of the spoiler, clean them up and reinstall them. I gave up on the main center part of the spoiler and left it as it was as I was afraid it would get destroyed.

Maybe others have some additional advice.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Motor Head

Sounds like possibly some hatch/spoiler separation issues. Here's a funny write up off of 924board by Rasta Monsta. Not sure if he posted it here as well or not but Google search brought it up on the 924 board. Click me! He shows the tool needed to remove the nuts from the bottom side of the spoiler and he did it similarly to how I did mine on my old 931 when I upgraded to a 944 spoiler. Just cut the center section out of an old flat blade screwdriver and it works great!

Last edited by bnoon; 12-29-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: