Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
White and Nerdy

Garage
Loose output transmission shaft.

Some one that works at my local kart track with an early model 944 made the comment when leaving that he hoped his car made it. I asked him what was up, and he said it was making noise on accelerating.

A quick look under the car, and I find the right output shaft on the transmission where it volts to the CV has a LOT of play.

What his best option to fix this? used gearbox? New bearings? New/used Diff? New bearings and diff?

The only time I've had trouble the transaxel was a cracked ring gear on the diff, I had a 951 LSD gearbox waiting to go in, so I just swapped them out.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hard to say, maybe the output shaft is just broken and hanging on by the bolt inside. It will let go eventually though. Has he done some hard off the line 0-60's?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: