Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
WTB 944 Rocker panels

Anyone knows where to get L+R rockerpanels for my 944 turbo ?

Here in Europe the panels ar not stock at Porsche or any other vendor anymore and I need them due to the too rusty panels on my old restoration project.

Please anyone....new or used, I don't care as long as they are in good condition.

Thank for your help.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisto View Post

Here in Europe the panels ar not stock at Porsche or any other vendor anymore and I need them due to the too rusty panels on my old restoration project.

Please anyone....new or used, I don't care as long as they are in good condition.

Thank for your help.
Might be able to get someone to cut some off here in the states, post pix of what you need.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Lucky me :-)

After worrying days and sleepless nights surfing the internet and asking Porsche fellas over the planet I finally found this company provides door sill(rocker) panels for very reasonable prices in England

PORSCHE 944 REPAIR SILLS AND LOWER REAR WING PANEL

Check them out!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Thank for your help.
__Tomisto beware of this scamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben212 View Post
Hi, i just came across your advert, that you are in need of the above subject...Just want to get you informed that i have it for sale. if still interested in buying contact my email for more details. campyben@gmail.com
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Frankly my dear....

Garage
Quote:

Thank for your help.
Hi, I faced exactly the same problem when I needed to replace both of my sills. In fact I bought a set of third-party sills from a company similar to the one you found (I had not heard many good things about the fit of the product from that outfit). However, the ones I bought proved to be just as bad. So, I tracked down a set of second-hand sills (see another of my posts for details) and used those. I do not regret it, I dont think you can get the right look with any of the aftermarket stuff. The lower lip is always different and the rear quarter panel is never profiled correctly. If you do use them, be prepared for a lot of fitting issues. I wish you all the best. BTW, where in Europe are you based?
Metallic Black 1980 924 - Those were the days....
Red 1979 924 - Hmm Minerva blue 1979 924 - Where it all began!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
curtisr

Garage
My understanding is that a rusty car when presented for licensing inspection won't pass muster in countries such as Germany. What I wonder, however, is this a question of appearance or strength? I suppose the likely answer is 'all of the above'. But, if it's the former can you not simply clean things up and put some 924 rocker covers over the offending area? This is what I have in mind:

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
My understanding is that a rusty car when presented for licensing inspection won't pass muster in countries such as Germany. What I wonder, however, is this a question of appearance or strength? I suppose the likely answer is 'all of the above'. But, if it's the former can you not simply clean things up and put some 924 rocker covers over the offending area? This is what I have in mind:

Hope this helps.
Damaged/rusted/holed rocker panels or sills are considered a fail on inspection in most European countries. Reason: On unibody cars they provide a fair bit of strength to the structure.

A good body shop should be able to cut the rusted areas out and patch weld in panels to repair. Also, that panel is quite a simple shape to make from scratch. Talk to your local body shop.

Last edited by 9FF; 03-17-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: