Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1977 924 fuel distributor problems

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and Porsches in general. I am working on a 924 that most of you woudnt bother with but it is all we could afford at he time.
I have all of the engine put back together and have good spray at the injectors, the problem I have is that I dont think the injectors are firing at the right time. It would make scene to me that the injectors should fire when i push up the air flap, but the opposite is what is happening, when I turn on the key the injectors keep firing until I push up the air flap. so it seems when the engine starts cranking up to speed (air lifting the flap) it stops getting fuel. It will run for about 1 second, I think just on what ever residual fuel is in there.
Please tell me if this is right or if I am wrong,and where to go from here.
Thanks Mark

(Im not smart enough to have one of those funny quotes at the end, sorry)

Old 06-16-2013, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
You are correct in your understanding; the injectors should spray fuel when the flap is lifted. You should not be getting any fuel coming out when the flap is all the way down.

If you are I see a few possible issues.

1) You need to rebuild / have someone / buy a rebuilt fuel distributor.

2) Unlikely, but are the inlet fuel lines swapped somehow?

3) Your injectors themselves are leaking. They have little springs in them to prevent fuel from leaking out until a minimum pressure is reached.

Go over to the 924 board for more experts with the earlies. 924Board.org :: Index

Good luck, Keith
I can fix your late 944 Cruise Control module - PM for details
Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

which lines switched, its possible. the funny thing is when i lift the flap they stop.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: