Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
single din flip up dvd radio

has anyone here installed such a radio? im looking to purchase this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68711_Jensen-VM9216BT.html
i believe it might fit well in the lower din vs the top din. thanks

Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asidrave View Post
has anyone here installed such a radio? im looking to purchase this
Jensen VM9216BT In-Dash 7" DVD/CD/MP3/USB Touchscreen Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth, Pandora and iPod Control
i believe it might fit well in the lower din vs the top din. thanks
should work fine considering it's the correct size, but Jensen? never heard of that brand, could just be a Chinese POS
Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
how far out does it protrude when it slides out? isn't there a big chance of it hitting the shifter or get obstructed by the shifter? I guess you could move the shifter away every time you want to slide it in or out but that sounds a bit tedious...for me at least

would a 996/Boxster navigation unit fit, with some tweaking?

instagram @mhariush http://stores.ebay.com/Techniker-Parts/
Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944fanatic View Post
should work fine considering it's the correct size, but Jensen? never heard of that brand, could just be a Chinese POS
It is the correct size. I wanted to know if anyone has installed a similar unit. Im not sure if the dash would interfere with the screen tilt.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944fanatic View Post
Jensen has been around for quite some time. I put a Jensen head unit in an 89 Nissan Sentra in 89, it was still working like new in 06 when I sold the car.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

lol - yeah - jensen has been around for a long time. i remember the days when everybody stuck jensen tri-axial 6x9 speakers in the back of their car. before when most of the members here were born though.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

AFM #725

Garage
Quote:
lol - yeah - jensen has been around for a long time. i remember the days when everybody stuck jensen tri-axial 6x9 speakers in the back of their car. before when most of the members here were born though.
Or in diapers lol
Old 07-06-2013, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Misunderstood User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash968 View Post
Yep! Had them in my 71 Malibu!

1983 944n/a
2003 Mercedes CLK 500 - totaled. Sanwiched on the Kennedy Expressway
Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

The headunit in my car is a flip down CD player. The face does not make good contact so it times out after 10 min of playing and tuns off. If the face is pushed to make contact it comes back on. It may be a common problem with those type of players, I don't know. The next one won't be a flip down face.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
I've considered the double-din units for my console. Down side is that they take away the little cubby hole storage unit under the radio. I've gotten so used to using it. The second issue is that the stock shifter can be an issue. But....here's the cool thing. It justifies getting the very cool short shifter from "online944.com". .

I hadn't really noticed my Blaupunkd San Francisco 300 standard size head unit and Blaupunkt stock size coax speakers that were installed in my car by the PO until I started looking into the Double Din units. This thing is really cool. Agreed, it doesn't have the lcd/led screen but the sound and the front panel inputs for mp3 and ipod make it even better.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: