Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
Needed: a few parts

I have a damaged connector on one of my reference sensors. The PO got ham fisted and broke both sides of the connector (male and female) If you have a male connector from a bad or throw away reference sensor and a female side connector (that goes to the DME) I can replace the damaged ones. I'm also looking for a couple of the dimpled washers that hold the wood floor board down over the DME. The leaky battery box rusted the ones I have. I'd appreciate any of these parts if you have them. Thanks in advance for your help. Drop me a PM.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
are you looking for just the connector or the complete wire? I have a a spare wire harness from an S I parted an I dont think I'll ever use the whole harness...it's a pain to change... So I guess I could start cutting it up...

instagram @mhariush @technikercompany
http://stores.ebay.com/Techniker-Parts/
Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Ideally, I could us an extra complete reference sensor so I can check the gap, but right now I need the connectors (both male and female) with enough wire on them to do a splice. Also the dimpled washers (2) from the wooden floor board.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have a set for yea

I have a set of connectors and pins brand new DME side female , If you pay the shipping and a few bucks for the parts I can send em out to yea, I think I have a old sensor you could have to make a guage out off I can give you N/C also
Old 08-08-2013, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Does the sensor have the connector on the end as well? This sounds like good deal. Let me know if you have the sensor and how much you'll need for them. I'm in Florida 33914.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
If memory servers this is it

Crimp Connector for IGN-4 DIYAutoTune.com

Regards
Dave
Old 08-08-2013, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Proprietoristicly Refined

actually...(new)
944online.com - Engine Electrical Find Parts For Your Porsche 944 And Get Your Car Back On The Road.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveurethane View Post
I have a set of connectors and pins brand new DME side female , If you pay the shipping and a few bucks for the parts I can send em out to yea, I think I have a old sensor you could have to make a guage out off I can give you N/C also
Dave, I just PM'd you.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I thought there was something funky with the wires coming from the ref. sensor, where you couldn't splice them? I'm not an electrical person, but something like one of the wires is a metal mesh that's wrapped around another wire? Don't know what it's called or how to describe it. But I could be wrong.
Saved by God, because I could not.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWater View Post
I thought there was something funky with the wires coming from the ref. sensor, where you couldn't splice them? I'm not an electrical person, but something like one of the wires is a metal mesh that's wrapped around another wire? Don't know what it's called or how to describe it. But I could be wrong.
That's a metal shielding mesh and needs to be attached to the electrical ground. It can be checked with an ohm meter to see if it's grounded. Probably grounded on the bellhousing. I'd have to check. I'm still looking for used replacment parts. 944online wants to play games with the shipping costs. One minute they say one thing and then when you try to review your order the shipping has almost doubled. All for a couple of small pieces that can go in a bubble wrap envelope.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
dme.