Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

fuel system and particles

started wondering about the rusty particles that come off when the fuel system connections (i.e. back near the fuel filter) are loosened - fine dust, etc. - and the post-filter open lines. if particles get in there, I imagine it can damage the fuel injectors or even the level sender. leads to other thoughts including :

*what the largest opening is on the fuel injectors
* how to clean out the fuel line without detaching on the other end and blowing
* what are symptoms of particle-clogged fuel injectors
* how sensitive are the injectors to impurities - extremely?
* other potential damage

Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Under the car

If you are concerned about it, you could cycle the fuel pump a few times or jumper it to circulate it without the engine running to flush it all back to the tank. Then the next time it gets pumped through, the filter will catch it. Most fuel that you pump makes it back to the tank anyway unless you are really hammering on the car.

As for the other info you asked about, I'm not real sure.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
I think you'll be fine
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Old 09-20-2013, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewb View Post
cycle the fuel pump a few times or jumper it to circulate it without the engine running to flush it all back to the tank.
that's an interesting idea - so is this taking a jumpered DME relay - like when the DME relay is bad and it needs to be tested - which activates the pump, yet the ignition/starter is not turned over.

is there a valve that is closed or opened in this process that takes the fuel rail out of the circuit? or is the fuel pump on and that's it?

... actually, could the fuel pressure be tested in this way - with the car off and the DME jumper in place? I can start a new thread on this....
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
The injectors have microscreens to catch what the filter misses. Be careful about dislodging fuel systems crud as it moves downstream into the filter or the injector screens.

Witch hunter will clean and rebuild your injectors. WitchHunter Performance - Injector Cleaning & Flow Testing Services

Old 09-21-2013, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: