Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Chimney View Post
I am planing on going so lets keep this thread going for Meet ups for Friday night hanging out and they day of hanging out, maybe a booth to meet at like last year?
+1 Bump!!!!

Put me down as a 60/40 - Be nice to drive the the old Yellow thing!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to uvachief
I'll be bringing lots of stock suspension parts to fit a 86 944 na. Porsche rubbers mostly. Dang car just passed the suspension inspection with flying colors. All it needs is the front inserts and possibly replaced the strut mounts as there is a slight wobble which appears to be causing my vibration between 40 and 60 mph.

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 01-16-2014, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to irl
Im def in. Been going for 15 years and I think it slumped off 7 or 8 years ago because of the internet but ts been getting better again the last 3 years. One of the thing i look forward to the most. Just can't believe they are going to do this on Easter weekend, every time this happens it really makes an attendance/vendor impact, ……...plain stupid.

I go up with a buddy and stay at Hershey hotel, have a great dinner and hang at the bar the night before but it would be great to meet up with you all if something finalizes.
71 911T running sweet
63 356 outlaw frustrating purists
Old 03-03-2014, 01:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like we'll be coming again this year. We drug the trailer all the way from MI last year. We sold a bunch of stuff, but financially, it was a bust...I would have been better off just selling the stuff on my site as per usual. By the time we paid for hotel, fuel, food, and lot space, we pretty much broke even.

So, I'll be coming as a participant, but not as a vendor. I think.
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
Old 03-03-2014, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideola View Post
Looks like we'll be coming again this year. We drug the trailer all the way from MI last year. We sold a bunch of stuff, but financially, it was a bust...I would have been better off just selling the stuff on my site as per usual. By the time we paid for hotel, fuel, food, and lot space, we pretty much broke even.

So, I'll be coming as a participant, but not as a vendor. I think.
Weather wasn't good last year. Wind was brutal. I tried to find your trailer last year. Where did you set up? A friend of mine has an entire garage of parts for 924s/944s. How much does it cost to be a vendor and how do you register?

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, weather is always a crap shoot. The organizers were not very helpful in helping me figure out what to get in terms of a lot. I rented two spaces, but wasn't sure if I should do pull-through or side-by-side. I got pull-through. My 24 foot trailer + suburban were too long to fit, so we had to empty everything out and move the trailer. Royal PITA.

If I were to do that again, I would get four spaces so I could keep the trailer in my space. It would greatly simplify loading and unloading, and provide a place to get out of the wind.

We were tucked in behind another guy that had a HUGE 30+ foot car hauler / camper. It was great for us because he provide a wind-block for our two spaces, but it also made it hard for people to find us. It was so windy, we couldn't put any of our banners up, so that didn't help.

Anyway, I still don't think it's worth dragging all the stuff out that we did last year. I'm happy to bring selected items if we can figure out ahead of time what people want, but I don't think I'm going to try the shotgun approach again.

Here's the link to register: Official Website: World’s Largest Porsche-Only Swap Meet
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I was looking forward to attending, but with the weather we've been having in the northeast this year, it doesn't bode very well for an April swap meet in PA. Looking out the window right now, I don't think we'll have bare ground even by then - there's still two feet of snow and 0 degrees today...!

The website for the swap meet shows a bunch of half-frozen people in parkas. Can anyone comment on the weather there the past few years?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Could someone private message me some info on this? im new to the site and located in a few mins from Hershey so i'd like to attend. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
Bump

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 03-28-2014, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
I'll be there with a long shopping list for my 86 944 na.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
your average wrencher...

Garage
as long as decent weather i'll be there. maybe with another 951 guy, we'll see...
1988 XJ 5in lift,long arms, 4.6 stroker, ax-15 w/ 35s
1995.5 Audi S6 Full RS2 bolt-ons, EFI tuned.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

My son and I will be there with 968 memorabilia (many rare items) Tial wastegate adapter plates, 924/944/968 Stainless steel sill plate covers and a few othe odds and ends. Hopefully the weather cooperates.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
I may be sitting in the car coral.

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 03-30-2014, 02:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

All of the big Hershey / Carlisle shows have suffered in recent years. It is due to the internet and the state of PA.

A few years back, the state did a swat style raid on a bunch if vendors for not collecting PA sales tax. The net result is that many vendors stopped attending and so did show visitors. Events which drew visitors from across the country have died off all thanks to politicians greed.

the State of Pennsylvania requires that ANY vendor selling merchandise obtain a permanent Pennsylvania sales tax license. Insane but true. It gets better. Sell at more than two shows a year and PA says you have a presence in the state meaning you have to collect tax on any other internet or mail order sales shipping to the state and may be subject to ten years back tax. Here's a link with more information on it.
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/pdf/Application_PA_SalesTaxLicense.pdf

Last edited by Amphicar770; 04-03-2014 at 06:06 PM..
Old 04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Hopefully I can make it up this year. Unfortunately I won't be in my 944 :'( Maybe next year...

Look for a dark blue Jetta Vr6 with VW Long Beach wheels. That'll most likely be me, unless my car blows up and I have to walk there... Feel free to stop by and say hi.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
I'm hoping that I can attend this year, I have been missing it for a few years now! Could really use some manual sport seats that is for sure! Just hope the weather cooperates, like many had said before it is always a "crap shoot!"
06 BMW 330I
Personal Qoute: "Do whatever makes you feel good"
Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Straight shooter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphicar770 View Post
All of the big Hershey / Carlisle shows have suffered in recent years. It is due to the internet and the state of PA.

A few years back, the state did a swat style raid on a bunch if vendors for not collecting PA sales tax. The net result is that many vendors stopped attending and so did show visitors. Events which drew visitors from across the country have died off all thanks to politicians greed.

the State of Pennsylvania requires that ANY vendor selling merchandise obtain a permanent Pennsylvania sales tax license. Insane but true. It gets better. Sell at more than two shows a year and PA says you have a presence in the state meaning you have to collect tax on any other internet or mail order sales shipping to the state and may be subject to ten years back tax. Here's a link with more information on it.
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/pdf/Application_PA_SalesTaxLicense.pdf
...so this applies to Joe Schmoe's kids who opens a lemonade stand? Ridiculous.
“Of the value traps, the most widespread and pernicious is value rigidity. This is an inability to revalue what one sees because of commitment to previous values. In motorcycle maintenance, you MUST rediscover what you do as you go. Rigid values makes this impossible.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
Old 04-04-2014, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

I'll be there, I'm only just down the street. If anyone needs logistics help because of a long trip, want a contact in case of breakdown, etc.. PM me.

I have a bunch of 944 stuff that I could bring for anyone if you're attending. Here's a link to a local Craigslist post with most of it. If interested in anything, PM me as well. :-)

Porsche 944 951 parts
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Where exactly is the swap meet? There's nothing specific about location on the Central PA PCA website - in fact multiple comments asking the exact same question! I'll be there with my 75 targa!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
AKA J BERK on Rennlist

It is on the central pa pca site...

It is in the parking lot next to the amusement park and arena.

My son and I will be there again this year

Driving the 'support vehicle' instead of the s2....easier to bring stuff back!
1991 944 S2 - GT Racing nose, sport seats, KLA brace, Koni yellows
1984 944 NA
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: