Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Nigel Tufnel Wannabe

Coolant Temp Gauge Fail

Just recently rebuilt my 86 944T engine and I do not have a working temp gauge. Sending unit is new and I soldered new spade connectors when I had the harness out. I checked the gauge using the procedure on Clark's garage and no luck so either the gauge is bad or the wiring is bad. I'll have to sort it out.

I had been planning to install an aftermarket gauge at some point so I went ahead and ordered it. Question: Can I attach the new gauge to the existing new sending unit I just installed or should I install the sending unit from the new gauge? (I'm concerned about fitment of the new sending unit.)

Thanks...Tom

Old 03-10-2014, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
plays with toy cars

Garage
The sending unit gives resistance readings based on temperature:

The gauge you use will need to work on this signal, or be able to be modified to do so. I know you have a late dash, but what do you think about this combo?

VDO temp gauge

Associated sensor

I'm not sure if the sensor would directly mount into the hole in the head where the old one was, you may need an adaptor.

'86 951 - under construction
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=28374
Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: