Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
85 944 NA Copenhagen Blue

944 NA Power Steering pump bolt

Hi - new to posting to the forum but some great info here.

Just finishing up replacing a timing and balance belt, went to replace the power steering belt and button it up when I noticed some extra "play" in between the pump and bracket. Looks like the po replaced the factory bolt with a 1/4" hardware store bolt, 3 homemade spacers and a mangled washer - and yes the bolt was too short and had no nut.

Looking at the parts diagram it appears it should have a M8 x 65 bolt, a single spacer, washer and nut. As I have never had this apart before and the homemade spacers were not all together I just wanted to confirm that it is just a single spacer on one side required?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Proprietoristicly Refined

For your '85 944 NA Copenhagen Blue'... Not sure if early or late.

The bolt in your picture looks longer than 65mm ??

But does this picture help?

GL & welcome,
J_AZ
Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
85 944 NA Copenhagen Blue

Ya, I should have caught that, definitely need a bolt longer than 65mm, or something more complex. It is hard to tell from the parts diagram what I need as the one I see on Clarks doesn't show the bracket just the pump and hardware. Possibly part #5 in your pic.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
You can see a parts diagram on 944online.com or Pelican parts diagrams. They also list the part numbers. Good luck

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union944 View Post
Hi - new to posting to the forum but some great info here.

Just finishing up replacing a timing and balance belt, went to replace the power steering belt and button it up when I noticed some extra "play" in between the pump and bracket. Looks like the po replaced the factory bolt with a 1/4" hardware store bolt, 3 homemade spacers and a mangled washer - and yes the bolt was too short and had no nut.

Looking at the parts diagram it appears it should have a M8 x 65 bolt, a single spacer, washer and nut. As I have never had this apart before and the homemade spacers were not all together I just wanted to confirm that it is just a single spacer on one side required?

Old thread bump question.

On Bolt number 5 it is the short end or long end that gets screwed back into the pump?
Old 12-28-2017, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_AZ View Post
For your '85 944 NA Copenhagen Blue'... Not sure if early or late.

The bolt in your picture looks longer than 65mm ??

But does this picture help?

GL & welcome,
J_AZ
Old thread bump question.

On bolt number 5 in the pic is it the short end or long end that gets screwed back into the pump?
Old 12-28-2017, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: