Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Video: Repairing DME Relay

Hi,

a broken DME relay is one of the most common failures of the Porsche 944. The video shows how to check the relay. In most cases a broken soldering point in the relay is the reason for the male function. The video gives you a tutorial how to solve the problem:

Porsche 944 Repairing DME Relay - YouTube

The video has a German soundtrack, but English subtitles are added to YouTube. If you don't see the titles by default, watch the video directly at YouTube and press on the subtitles button below the frame.

Enjoy it,

Jürgen
Old 05-26-2014, 02:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yet again a very nicely done, and informative video.

Thank you Jürgen.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
dme relay

very timely. i had my dme relay fail about a month ago. i had a spare one so fitted it, and away i go. less than 200 miles, and the spare one failed, almost leaving me stranded.
luckily, i had my friendly spark, remove all solder from the original relay, and re-do all the soldered joints. no problems now.
back in the day, the solder they used, was a different mix, and you would get all kinds of problems, like cracks in the joint (both my relay failures), or cold solder joints after time.
its not a hard job to remove the old solder, and re-do the relay with modern solder , which should last for a very long time.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
BlueStwo

Garage
Thanks! I subscribe on youtube and all of your 944 S2 videos are very helpful.
90 S2 Coupe- Baltic Blue Metallic #110/449
Old 05-27-2014, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
dme , fuel , ignition , pump , relay