Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cars and Coffee Hunt Valley MD

Been hooked on this Saturday morning car show at the Hunt Valley Town Center (in front of Joe's Crab Shack) on Saturday mornings from like 7:30 until 10am or so. It is sponsored by Hunt Valley Horsepower and brings ALL genres. Got to check out a Mclaren 650s, nice Dino last week and a number of Porsches Haven't seen too many 944's down there but if anyone plans to check it out...it is a nice way to spend a Saturday morning and still have all of your day left when its over.

Best,
Rob
Old 07-08-2014, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Interesting. I'm normally asleep at that time, due to my work schedule. But I'll try to make it this Saturday.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I've been meaning to go to this ever since I saw it had started, I just never wake up early enough on Saturdays to make it worthwhile.

I should work on that.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yea, depending on your Friday....could be too early..lol. But, if anyone makes it down...thinking about taking my flood rescued 'Barenjager' 83...well at least I wont be hard to find
Hope to see some 944's down there.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

My issue isn't so much a raucous Friday night, but rather a body that is conditioned to waking up later because of working second shift.

Time to suck it up and go, though. I'll keep an eye out for the Barenjager; but I wouldn't hold out hope that either one of my driveway ornaments could make it.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BReif61 View Post
My issue isn't so much a raucous Friday night, but rather a body that is conditioned to waking up later because of working second shift.
Ditto...I work 2:30-11pm Monday-Friday. And think about it, most people who work "normal" hours get up in the morning, have a brief morning routine and then they go to work. Then they come home and are up for several more hours. Most people have the bulk of their "free" time after work. Well I'm the same way, it's just all offset several hours later into the day. I typically get up between noon and 1pm, go to work, come home, then I'm up until around 5am. It's the same thing that most people do, all the same amount of time spent doing stuff in the same order that most people do it, it's just all later by several hours compared to most people.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Wow...not sure I could get use to that schedule. Anyway, hope you are able to make it down at some point. It is a decent show, especially some of the rare stuff that turns up. I usually stay away from shows because some (not all) are like pissing contests of 'I know this and you don't' or snob sessions.

For me, I just like to have fun with this stuff and most of the folks that go and the sponsor have the same mindset and are non bias genre types which is cool.

Come to find out, I'm a maybe (thanks to wifey poo) this week myself, but if you guys are anyone else in and around the area (I'm out of Stewartsown PA) is interested in heading down some time or sharing a beer or few shots of Barenjager and jawing about Porsche stuff, give me a shout. My contact info is below.

Best,
Rob
Barenjager944@gmail.com
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Rob, I'm in White Hall. I'll take my 86 NA down in a couple weeks once I get my rear wheel bearing issue straightened out.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

@ASAP944..sounds good...hope to catch up with you down there.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: