Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Cool My first 944 build

I bought a 1985 944 in October of 2014 for my wife as a Christmas present. I managed to keep it a secret until Christmas day. Needless to say the look on her face was priceless.

I managed to get most of the body work done before i brought is home so now the real fun begins. I'm not one to leave things stock so I have built a rear seat delete, custom front bumper, cup wheels, and a double den dvd player in the console. I am still working on the console and relocating the heater controls. will post pictures of how I did it when I'm done. I tried to find info on this being done after seeing a early 944 with this set up. I couldn't find anything so i decided to post how I did it here. If you have any ideas feel free to share.

Thanks

O and it is getting a custom Lamborghini Orange paint job!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
radio

almost finished just need to wrap in carbon fiber vinyl
Old 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Please don't take criticism the wrong way, but there's a huge speaker hole that would be perfect for customization.

Mine is stock location, aftermarket Alpine, and I can't see the radio display. It's all by feel, because it's down too low.

Last edited by mattdavis11; 02-06-2015 at 08:04 PM..
Old 02-06-2015, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange944 View Post
I bought a 1985 944 in October of 2014 for my wife as a Christmas present..... .....Needless to say the look on her face was priceless.![img]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads]

The look on her face was Priceless?, I'll bet it was!, it certainly wouldn't stick for me.... 'Happy Christmas Love, I've bought you a project car... for me!'

Well done you, and best of luck with the build.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickepa2 View Post
The look on her face was Priceless?, I'll bet it was!, it certainly wouldn't stick for me.... 'Happy Christmas Love, I've bought you a project car... for me!'

Well done you, and best of luck with the build.
LOL! Thanks. She is a pretty awesome wife, haha
Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
here is a picture of it setting in place and working. i broke the lens off the oil pressure gauge so i need to fix that and put it back in the hole. also have a picture of the rear seat delete with the speaks and amp that i built. remember it isn't finished and all put back together yet. most likely will not be 100% until paint is done hopefully by the end of the month. still thinking about doing a small sub in the cubby in the the back corner.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 , 968 , build , custom paint