Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Cool The Saga is ALMOST OVER!

I just went to drop off the last parts that my car needs to be finished... and saw my baby, very near to being roadworthy once again!

I bought a used foglight and turn signal from tholyoak (apparently, the ones on my parts car were non-functional) and dropped them off at the house of the guy that's doing my body work and paint. He just finished adjusting the headlamps so they flip up and down again at the same rate. The fenders, headlight bucket, and hood were attached to the car but still stripped. The bumper and front spoiler were both stripped and ready to be painted, but not attached yet.

I am always impressed by how BIG 944s look in a lighted garage, even though they are tiny on the road and in parking lots. That hood just seems to go back forever, and the wheelarches seem huge even though they are nothing compared to a 930. Even with half the front end of my car unpainted, it still looked gorgeous.

What I am most proud of is the new front spoiler; the splitter is straight and level, unlike the bent/divoted one that was on my car. I can't wait to see the finished product, painted and completely assembled. The guy doing my body work painted the bobselds for the 2001 winter olympics, so I am expecting a top-notch paint job.

He estimates that he will be done with everything assembled the week before thanksgiving... then it just has to go to my mechanic to have some suspension parts changed over from the parts car. Then I can pick up my car.

Finally, after nearly 16 LONG MONTHS, the saga is coming to a close. I am getting my 944 back! The Holy Grail is in reach, I am standing over Mount Doom with the Ring in my hand.

Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 11-16-2002, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
AND...................... no-one cares.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 11-18-2002, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by CJFusco
LOL. Hey, man. I know the feeling. I recently got into a "slight" fender bender while hydroplaning during a storm last month. Just got mine back with the entire fron end re-done and it was a great feeling. Be sure to post some pics when its done!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

wow, I didn't know this thing has been going on for 16 months. Geeze thats a long time to go without a 944! I totally feel for ya', I wrecked mine last summer and I kick myself everytime I think about cars. I can't wait to see pics of your car dude!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ditto on the pics...Mother, 16 months is a long time...
Old 11-18-2002, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Geez I was dyin and cryin about 3months....I cant wait to see it!!!!!-chris
Old 11-19-2002, 12:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Old 11-19-2002, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Cool way to go!

I'm happy to see another 83 on the road with low mileage...
I'm at 53,866 this morning. And yup, I'm still driving it. The garage is calling, but I'm with you: How can I NOT drive it when there's just no good reason to put it in the garage! I've spent so much time and energy rebuilding the damn thing, you'd better believe I'm driving it!

By the way, do you know what number you have? I guess mine is number 720. I'm not 100% sure that that means it's the 720th 944. It's a euro, so maybe it's the 720th euro???
Anyway, I'm curious what number you've got (it's in the VIN).
1997 Sentra (unclaimed!)
Old 11-19-2002, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
least common denominator

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by CJFusco

LOL!
We care, BE CAREFUL! you may be in for snow just as you get your baby back.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Congratulations on getting near the end. A lot of people give up on these sorts of things long before 16 months rolls around. I know if it takes me more than 4 months I start to get restless.

Todd
Old 11-19-2002, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
I don't have the VIN documents with me in Boston, so I'm not sure what number I have in production... I will let u know over Thanksgiving break when (hopefully) this ordeal is over!

Tholyoak, your 84 in storage must have ridiculously low mileage as well, right? Also thanks again for the lights, and take pleasure in knowing that you helped a little in getting the damned thing back onto the road.

I will not garage it this winter (except overnight) unless I absolutely have to. I will be home for Christmas break from Dec 4 to Jan 3 (I might come back up early for New Years), and I plan on driving that bad boy unless we get serious snow and ice.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hey, we all care! All of us TRUE Porsche 944 lovers anyway! Let us know how it feels to get behind the wheel!

Old 11-19-2002, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: