Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage Photo

OK - I got a photo scanned - Here's the Garage - hope it comes through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg professor's garage.jpg (39.4 KB, 283 views)

Old 11-20-2002, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Nice!

I think if it were my garage my head would start to spin and my eyes would explode.
Could it possibly allow for TOO MANY projects at once??? I never would have thought it possible!
1997 Sentra (unclaimed!)
Old 11-20-2002, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I think you garage is bigger than the shop I used wrench at!
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 11-20-2002, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I agree!

First shop I was employed at had two bays. Doors about as wide as a small double car garage and a bit more height to clear the VW vans with the single cylinder lifts. Just enough room in the back to do unit work (engines and transmissions).

Good looking "dog house"!

Now how soon will you add the second story club house for visiting Pelican members???
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 11-20-2002, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Is that a TR6 in the "Dog House"? I would ask the stupid question "Does it run"? but my brother-in-law had one so I answered my on question.
65 CSX 427 Roadster
Old 11-20-2002, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Even if it ran when he took the picture, it probably doesn't anymore

Triumphs are great fun... if you have a lot of patience and a lot of tools.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

My friend used to have a mint TR6. It was a great car, lots of fun. The straight six in it had great exhast note aswell.

1994 Grand Cherokee
6inch Lift, 33" TSL'S
Old 11-21-2002, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Yes, the TR-6 starts. I even let it warm up a couple of days ago.

Notice that I didn't say run - master cylinder has been leaking for a long time, so I haven't driven it for about 6 years. Rotors need to be turned to get the rust off of them. Otherwise, it would pass inspection and would be legal to drive.

It actually is in fairly good shape - been garaged for most of its 30 year life - only some very minor surface rust under the carpets (which have long ago gone to dry-rot heaven), no body or frame rust. I have another garage attached to the house, which was packed beyond belief, and which is why my loving wife gave me permission (YEAH RIGHT - LIKE I REALLY HAD TO ASK!!!) to build the new one so she could park her MB in the attached garage. The TR-6 is another one of my long-owned projects (and yes - you can have too many projects on-going at one time), and as soon as I get the new radiator (recieved this Monday) in the 944 this coming weekend, I will return to dismantling the TR-6. My plan is to dismantle during '03, rehabilitate parts/restore during '04, and re-assemble during '05.

Excuse me, my wife is calling. I need to take out the garbage.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Profssr2017,

My '72 TR-6 project is well underway, and I can say that its really a lot of fun. I'm doing it out of a friend's shop near Altoona, PA. This guy is GOOD on anything Triumph. He even has hos own TR-6 that he uses as everyday year-round transportation!! Be sure to check his business out and feel free to call if you have any questions:

http://www.triumphworks.com/

Old 11-21-2002, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: