Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest 1984 Rear Cargo Cover

I've done a site/thread search to see if anyone has ever worked on their rear cargo cover. Nothing coming up. Mine is in real good shape, except is does not roll up / retract into it's housing. Anyone redone one of these? Some info before I take it all apart would be helpful.

James

Old 11-23-2002, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have my old one that doesn't roll up any more in the garage. Been meaning to take the retract spring out and look at it. Guess this is as good an excuse as any.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!

Last edited by SoCal Driver; 11-23-2002 at 05:52 PM..
Old 11-23-2002, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
My cargo shade worked great until I took it out to detail the interior of my 86.. and stoopidly left it on the ground and ran it the F$#k over....

Frank B

PS: I suck
Old 11-23-2002, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Kandid
got the same problem..
me and my dad (he's really good with this kind of stuff)
took this thing apart.What he found out that it's not design with option to be fixed

anyway there's a very uniq spring that just got old and we couldn't find a replacement.
I bouth one off the eBay for $10 that came from 85.5, seller said that it retracts but the shade itself is not in the good shape. We though to take the spring out and put it in mine.. spring doesn't fit in mine and it stoped working too
So I guess I'm stuck with the old one, at least it looks good
Old 11-23-2002, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Works on the same principle as a window shade. Perhaps the core of a window shade from Home Depot could be made to work.

New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 11-23-2002, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: