Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
What would Darth Vader do

Send a message via Yahoo to Gordon Rankin
Strange ghosts in the wipers

Maybe someone here can help me with this. I have had this same thing happen with my 924's that has just happened with my 944.
Last week, wipers would not work. I replaced the fuse, checked the wiring, replaced the relay with a spare ( not new, not out of 924 ), to no avail.
Yesterday, driving down the street, ( wiper switch not engaged either up or down ) the wipers start the intermittent wiping.
Has anyone had this happen to them? What is the correction? Is it the relay, the wiper switch or what?

NEVER put a used water pump in your car...
Old 12-03-2002, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
A relay would be the most likely culprit, followed by the switch, then a ground. Those are ofcourse shots in the dark as I have no way of knowing much about the problem at this point...
Ahmet
Old 12-03-2002, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Loose grounding screw in the steering column under the horn button.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Did you just have the car aligned an the steering wheel was removed to position it correctly? Like moneyguy1 said, thats prolly the culprit. Does the horn still work correctly?

Old 12-03-2002, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: