Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wheel spacers

Hi guys, looking for some help again! my 944 has been running great since i rebuilt the engine in the summer months, however i still have a vibration through the engine which i need to rectify,but here is my question, my car is an 83 model and i have bought some cup 1 alloys with a 55mm offset what spacers will i need?, i tried a rear it seemed to fit ok but the front,s will need sorting, also the car is booked in for a respray next week and for the bodywork to be sorted, will post some b4 and after pics, thanks, as always for your help
Old 12-03-2002, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Ok the set up I used to fit 17s on were, 1in spacers all around and I removed the orig spacers that came with the car in the rear and its worked for me just fine....email if you have any more questions....I can take some pictures if it helps any-chris

best of luck....
Old 12-03-2002, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Since you said you just rebuilt the engine, I would verify that the balance shafts were timed properly. Is there a certain RPM where the vibration is worse? Also, how was your clutch disk?
Old 12-04-2002, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: