Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smacked My Porsche Up! (gave my cabrio a nose job)

Hey, first time here, so please bear with me, I need help!!

Had a bit of a bad smack with my 1989 S2 Cabrio, and did a fair bit of damage to the front. I have sourced a fair amount of parts over here in the UK, but I have an opportunity to buy a very weather beaten 1984 model, for very little cash. The main things are: how transferable are the control arms/front suspension units between the two models? Are there significant differences between the front cross members? How about the radiator?? And the badge panel and lock carrier, (which I am aware are different) but will they need much modification to fit?

One other thing, the selector/gear box was acting up in the S2, but is fine in the 84 model. Did Porsche do any changes to the gearbox over the years? or do they fit as direct replacements?

I am afraid, if I cannot get my baby back for a reasonable amount of money, she will have to go to the insurance company and inevitably - the breakers yard. But she was so gorgeous before I battered her, that I really want to try and bring her back again. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys,

Garry

Last edited by firestorm; 12-04-2002 at 07:21 AM..
Old 12-04-2002, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Ouch......sounds like a nice ride (or was)

Unfortunately not too many parts that you could swap over.
Front suspension, moldings, transmission etc....Prettyl much everything you list is different.

I think you might have to let her go. Its a shame.

If you did not live accross the pond from me. I would by her up from you.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 12-04-2002, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply alex, might let her sit for a while, try and find a high mileage S2 with a blown engine, or something which has been rolled but has a fine front. I have stripped most of the front myself, and do have a good body shop guy who can replace the crossmember/lock carrier, (and suspension) if I can get the parts. Once that is done, I will put her back together myself again, will save on the labour. But, just the price of all those parts is putting a lump in my throat!

Cheers anyway,

Garry
Old 12-04-2002, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: