Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

H2O hoses done, now heater hoses and waiting for rack...still!

Still waiting for the rebuilt steering rack (my own). Got all the water hoses changed, and now need to do the heater hoses (3). They look to be pretty 'snug' between the back of the engine and the fire wall! Any tips?

Some of them hoses were a real PITA, not to mention one of them was mis-marked and wrong!

Fuchs
Old 12-12-2002, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Kenny.

I too have had my steering rack and all of the cooling hoses changed. Did you overhaul the power steering rack yourself?

If so could you post the o-ring,bearings,seals and circlip sizes?

I think that many people here can benefit.

Thanks
Coupe

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/coupe

Porsche 944 Turbo, 1986
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, 1997
Old 12-12-2002, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I got the seal kit for the steering pump, but didn't use it -- just ordered the rebuilt pump. Anybody need the kit? cheap!

Did the same on the steering rack -- I'm having it rebuilt out to but not including the tie-rod ends. The place where I ordered it sent the 'early' rack and didn't have the'late' rack in stock, so I had to send mine in for rebuilding. I originally tried to find a seal kit and couldn't. Subsequently, I saw someone over on Rennlist has one with original ZF seals for around $70 and evidently there is mention of another outfit that has non-original seals for cheaper. Also, bwfore I ordered mine I couldn't find a proceedure anywhere and assumed it was a non-DIY item.

Fuchs
Old 12-12-2002, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: