Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
84 944 na

84 944 not charging alt bulb good not illuminating

Hello everyone. SO I'm a new Porsche owner, I bought an 84 944 NA for my sons first car. I checked it out looks great drives great and had a lot of maintenance done to the car recently. So after driving it home I went out the next day to start the car to bring into my garage and the battery was dead. It has a new battery, and the alternator was replaced last year per the records in the glove box as well as the new alternator bolted to the engine lol. Anyways I read your threads about the charge light supposed to be on with the key on engine off. and it is supposed to go out once the car is started. Well I go and check my bulb koeo (key on engine off) and the light is off. I removed the instrument panel and check my bulb and It's good. So either I'm not getting power to the bulb (where does the bulb get its power from) or I have a ground Issue. Any tips on figuring out how to get the charging system to work properly again? I'm a former Ford Isuzu Diesel mechanic so I know my way around American and Jap electrical systems but unfamiliar with European systems.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

http: //rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/968014-where-can-i-find-a-decent-wiring-diagram-to-get-me-out-of-alternator-hell.html

Remove the spaces.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 , charging system