Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Abs!!!!

Hi all

hope some one out there might be able to help me? the antilock warning light on my 1990 S2 has started coming on after i have been driving for about ten mins then if i stop the engine it goes off and then comes back on ten mins later again any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Paul

Old 01-18-2003, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It can be reset, I scraped this process from an email that I have it worked for me, here ya go:

posted 04-20-2002 10:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The airbag, seatbelt & central warning lights will come on and stay on for a few reasons I certainly don't understand, but it has to do with electrical current being interrupted. Like a blown instrument/sunroof fuse or just pulling the darn fuse out with the ignition switch in the on position. Of course it could also go on because the airbag system really has failed the startup test.
You can reset it for free. I had to do this a couple times due to a sunroof relay problem and still have it memorized:
get on your back in the passenger footwell (USA model my only experience) and look behind the glovebox up by the right hand side of the firewall. You will find a loose 3 wire pigtail with a white (at least mine was white) rectangular 3 wire female connector that connects to nothing.

Insert a wire into the middle, i.e. center, hole. Make sure this connection is good and the wire doesn't fall out. Attach another wire to a good ground. Both these wires should lead to the driver's seat area and have bare ends.

Make sure you memorize the following before hand or you will screw it up, the timing and sequence are important since perfectionist Germans dreamed it up:

- set a watch with second hand on the center driveshaft hump.

- connect both wires.
- turn ignition key to run position
- 5 seconds and disconnect wires
- 5 seconds and connect wires
- 5 seconds and disconnect wires
- 5 seconds and turn off ignition key

OK! If you did this right you have reset the airbag. Keep those bare wire ends far apart and start engine and see if airbag tests itself and shuts off light as it used to. It will be a looong 10 seconds. Start over if you screwed up the sequence.

1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 01-18-2003, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: