Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPorsche944 View Post
I have power to the DME, but not to the fuel pump. The DME/fuel pump relay does not seem to work or the ground side supplied by the DME is not good enough to turn it on. With the DME/FP relay jumpered, the car starts right up and runs fine.
With the relay in, putting in the key and turning one click (run position), power goes to the DME, but not to the fuel pump. The voltage on the gnd side of the relay reads 7 volts (85b from relay diagram above). Turn the key and it drops to 0.4V. However, the relay does not turn on, supplying 12V to the fuel pump. With the key in the run position, grounding the gnd side of the relay (85b) turns the fuel pump on. Trying to start the car (turning key to start) while forcing the relay does not start the car. I may have not been supplying a good gnd, trying to do all this by myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Ok, figured it out. (Late last night...)
The ignition switch is dropping the voltage at the DME/FP relay and turning off the DME as I click from the run position to the start position! I'll check to see if the switch is bad later today...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Old 06-02-2017, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Ok, figured it out and everything is working, with respect to turning the car on and off!

Turns out that as I turned the key from the run to start position, the power to the DME/FP relay for turning on the DME dropped to 0V!. This of course turns off the DME and consequently the fuel pump does not come on. Solution: tap into the black wires at the ignition switch and run it directly to the ignition switch pin on the DME/FP relay, pin 86. Car starts right up. Thanks for your concern. :-)

Now on to the AC...

Old 06-02-2017, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: