Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Continuity does not nessesarily imply any wire can carry enough current to activate a relay or solenoid.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Ok, I found the red/black wire on a circuit diagram (re/bk). It shows it going through 9 pin connector on pin 7 to the DME on pin 4. It also goes to a 2 pin connector on pin 2. Both of these connectors are in your picture. In addition it looks like it goes to the starter. According to the DME pin out, pin 4 is the start signal.
I believe your DME may be fried. My 944 behaved the same. Unless I was turning the key, it would die. By forcing that pin high, you are faking the DME that you are still trying to start. It's much more forgiving while starting. I've got an old thread somewhere with a link in it for a more modern DME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Here's the schematic I found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

UPDATE 06-17-17 - Problem Solved !!!!

I finally got a known working DME unit from rothaus. Plugged that one in and made sure everything was hooked up properly and the car started right up and kept idling as it should.

So it looks like if you cross the starter and alternator wires you will fry your DME.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I am sure I will be back soon with more things.

Thanks again Englebert

Take care,

Bimmerod
Old 06-17-2017, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
ignition , relay , solenoid , starter