Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel rail pressure adapter & Service Manuals

Hi guys, I'm a new 944 owner, but I have been wrenching on cars for 30 years. I have a solid understanding of most things mechanical, but I do not know specifics about things unique to the Porsche 944. So in the coming months, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions. I hope y'all can help me!

My car is a 1987 Base NA. It does not run, and hasn't in probably 8 years or so. I will be looking at removing the engine and doing a rebuild, all belts, seals, etc, but first I just want to hear it run. I have checked the DME relay and I have fuel at the rail. I have checked the reference sensors and their resistance is withing the Ohm specs they need. (Oh, and I had tach bounce while cranking.)

The car ran briefly by spraying ether in the throttle body. I ordered some NOID lights to see if the fuel injectors are getting pulses, but now my starter is stuck and I can't crank it anymore. I need to get the car up and bang on the starter to see if it will free itself, so I can test it.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get an adapter for the end of the fuel rail so I can check the fuel pressure there. Also, I have the pdf version of factory service manual, but I hate it. I'm used to the VW Bentley Service Manuals, and I'm spoiled. Is there any other reasonably priced service manuals? I need a paper manual! I'm a nerd and old!

Thanks for listening and I would love to hear any "words of wisdom" you experienced 944 owners may have for me!
Old 10-17-2017, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Arnnworx sells a reasonably priced fuel pressure gauge.
The problem with others is that the fitting on the fuel rail is not a normal fitting that you will find on other fuel gauges, or in a kit by Actron or similar.

Here's a link:

http://www.arnnworx.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=279&zenid=0ffeb44223b537229c49f5d3de4bdbc5#.WebMyFuPKU k
Old 10-17-2017, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Paul! That is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to learn here. That fitting doesn't match any of the ones in my kit.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It seems when I was pricing a kit that had the gauge, hoses and all fittings, it was nearly $200. I couldn't really justify that kind of expenditure. I ended up making one using fuel line hose, worm clamps and a pressure gauge. It gave me the info I needed
Old 10-18-2017, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE]Arnnworx sells a reasonably priced fuel pressure gauge./QUOTE]

I picked up one of these gauges a while back, and it's like the rest of Arnnworx' stuff- Excellent quality, does the job perfectly, and is reasonably priced. You really can't go wrong with it.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Great feedback fellas!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Porsche Crest Fuel Rail Adapter

I can help with this fuel fitting if still needed.

Two types available for either hose or Polyamide tube.

I also offer a kit w gauge to locate in engine compartment.

Please email me for info.

And, for 944 service info, look up "Clark's Garage" online.

Len at Autosportengineering dot com

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 10-21-2017 at 09:02 PM..
Old 10-21-2017, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I have a MINT set of 6 Factory Service manuals for $325 shipped to you.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: