Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 15
Any idea where to buy this electrical connector?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a set of two electrical connectors pictured below.
Their the connectors that hook up to the cooling fans on the radiator, it's off an 83 944.


I'd prefer to buy one with the wires attached, after months of searching I can't find an crimp connectors that can fit and it seems I've lost them in a move.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 56
The part number for the plug is 171.906.231 and the boot part number is 171.959.459. You can buy them used from someone chopping a harness or you can buy them new from VW or Audi. Porsche too but you'll pay for the name on the bag.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned from Boulder
 
Jrboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 2,872
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkshdw View Post
The part number for the plug is 171.906.231 and the boot part number is 171.959.459. You can buy them used from someone chopping a harness or you can buy them new from VW or Audi. Porsche too but you'll pay for the name on the bag.
The plug is $5.75 MSRP from Porsche and $9.00 MSRP from VW or Audi.
The boot is NLA from either but available aftermarket.
__________________
1976 Porsche 912E Grand Prix White
2013 BMW 328i Sport Line 6MT
Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned from Boulder
 
Jrboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 2,872
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a set of two electrical connectors pictured below.
Their the connectors that hook up to the cooling fans on the radiator, it's off an 83 944.


I'd prefer to buy one with the wires attached, after months of searching I can't find an crimp connectors that can fit and it seems I've lost them in a move.

Thanks!
The connectors are just non-insulated double crimp spade connectors with the tang to clip into a plug or relay block.

__________________
1976 Porsche 912E Grand Prix White
2013 BMW 328i Sport Line 6MT
Old 10-31-2017, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 2,014
Make sure that the fan spins in the proper direction after connection (i.e. pulling air into the engine compartment through the radiator).
__________________
Good luck, George Beuselinck
www.944ecology.com
Porsche Deconstructor (tm)
We buy 944s and sell 944 parts (845-379-1944)
We rebuild torque tubes and instrument clusters for 944/968/928
Old 11-01-2017, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboulder View Post
The connectors are just non-insulated double crimp spade connectors with the tang to clip into a plug or relay block.

Hello,

I've tried multiple types, but they all seem to be too big. Do you have a specific type in mind you could link me? I've tried the brands available at the big hardware store and part stores.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkshdw View Post
The part number for the plug is 171.906.231 and the boot part number is 171.959.459. You can buy them used from someone chopping a harness or you can buy them new from VW or Audi. Porsche too but you'll pay for the name on the bag.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:39 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2016 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.