Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche 924T Car Cluctch Peddal Stuck to Floor No Release

Hello Everyone, Having trouble With Clutch Pedal Originally working fine. Clutch was hard to compress down and tight a few times, Its been a while since starting the car If my memory recalls right I pressed the clutch in and it got stuck in the down position but could be lifted by hand this last time going into the car the pedal is now down and i can not lift it at all STUCK. This car is Fairly new to me and im learning the ropes around the 1980T car. What should i be looking for when we lift the car? has this happened to you? I will be looking for leaks at the clutch Slave cylinder? any Known linkage issues? Any direction of help would be great. Car has just had the heads gone through now i want to run it and hear her run. Now i'm at a minor stand still with the Clutch Sticking Stuck.

Thanks in advance Pelican

Tember
Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

is there fluid on the ground under the rear of the engine area?
assuming the pressure plate springs are good and the clutch fork is intact a non-returning pedal would mean that the fluid is not being pushed "backwards" by that PP spring.

not being pushed backwards means the fluid is getting blown out at the slave cylinder...
Old 11-07-2017, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I will Double Check the Fluids under the car. I believe all is dry however it has been a few months since Ive lifted the car. Is there anyway for me to check the pressure plate springs to assure they are good? I will lift the car this evening to check the underside. If the slave cylinder is blowing out fluids I see there is a rebuild kit. Have you done one i have yet to see any final reviews of the parts? or would it be recommended to change the entire slave? Also was reading could the Part #: 931-116-082-04-M38 Clutch release bearing be a issue internally?

Thank you v2rocket
Old 11-07-2017, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

cheaper/easier to replace the whole slave than rebuild it.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

My 82 924 had a cable activated clutch!!!!

Jon
Old 11-08-2017, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you JonA i Will be lifting the car this weekend if our Colorado Weather holds up for me. haven't had issues with clutch yet so im anxious to see whats sticking me up. Will update.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: