Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anyone have experience with changing accessory belts on a 2.5 NA?

Getting my 1988 924s ready for winter and I noticed the power steering belt had some cracking in it. I purchased both the alternator/AC and power steering belt but haven't had the chance to put them in yet. Given I have never changed these belts before I just wanted to know how other people have done it and what the proper procedure is for setting the tension without the tool. Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

acc belts

Plenty of helping videos on YOUTUBE Namely this guy;

https://www.youtube.com/user/edredas/videos
Old 11-18-2017, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha07 View Post
Plenty of helping videos on YOUTUBE Namely this guy;

https://www.youtube.com/user/edredas/videos
Thanks for the link this guy is great but do you know if he's got a vid about changing the accessory belts? If he's got one I can't seem to find it. Does Porsche have a different name for these belts that I'm not aware of?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The video below shows how to remove the belts starting at 3:06 and how to reinstall them at 23:44...

(turn on CC for English subtitles)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Garage
Matt,

Just be sure you are clear on the thread direction when loosening the threaded rod tensioners. I seem to recall one end is a reverse thread. Dunno but eyeball it to be sure. Also, be sure you release tension of the accessory's mount (P steer pump, alternator) so it will swivel freely vs trying to unscrew the tensioners and lengthen them against the accessory still screwed tightly in place. Other than that its easy peazy. I tensioned mine by feel. The alt belt squealed a couple times, so I gave it a bit more tension and all is good. These are not critical like the timing belt and balance shaft belt.

Doug
Old 11-25-2017, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: