Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Wierd electrical problem help needed

Hello all,
Iím pretty new to the 944 world and am having a couple problems I need help with.
Iíll try and keep this short.
When Engine is running the left front and left rear turn lamps stay on (not blinking) and when the turn signal switch it moved to make the left turn signals blink, nothing happens. The right side works fine.
Now here is the weird part:
If the ignition switch is in the on position but the engine is not running the left and right turn signals work fine BUT when the left turn signal is switched on the fuel pump pulses with the flashing turn signal. I even removed the fuel pump fuse and it still does it.
If the fuse is removed The car will not start (normal) but if I switch the turn signal to the left the pump pulses and the car will run until I turn the left signal off.
I have done some checks ( grounds fuses etc) but canít figure this one out
Ok so that wasnít very short.
Thanks in advance for any ideas
Old 12-17-2017, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
944 S2

Strange electrical issue are often related to dirty grounds. Check Clarkís Garage website for advise on cleaning your grounds.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The blinker fuses are right next to the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box so the first thing I'd check is to see if the fuse box is intact under those fuses. See if there is any evidence of the plastic melting around the fuses that may have allowed the wires to cross and provide power to things it's not supposed to.

Second, pull the fuse box up and look underneath it and see what the wires look like. If those are all intact then I would start using a test lamp to see if the fuel pump is getting power when the blinkers are turned on (and fuel pump fuse removed).

I'm willing to bet that it's something internal in the fuse box (don't take a late fuse box apart as they are a bunch of plates and strips of copper laid in order that you'll never get back together once it's apart). Most likely something got hot and let connections be made that aren't supposed to be made but test everything after the fuse box to make sure it's indeed that.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys got it fixed...was a couple wires touching in the fuse box area :-)
Old 01-04-2018, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: