Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
83 844 headlights go up.... then a little down

Hey all, I've been having an annoying issue with my 944's headlights recently. I switch them on and they go all the way to top dead center, and then they go down a notch which is enough for me not to be able to see anything. here's a video I took demonstrating: https://youtu.be/an7QU6glFs4

I tried fixing this by tightening these triangular doohickeys (pardon my ignorance I'm not very familiar with how this mechanism works), which seem to control a small leverage piece of sorts. I've attached a photo of said doohickey below.

My fix worked- the headlights went all the way up and stayed there. Unfortunately, they got stuck up in the up position . I switched the lights off and left my car like this (headlights in up position) and the next day the battery was completely dead so I had to get a new one, luckily it was under warranty . I loosened the triangles again and now we're back to square one. Any help is appreciated

Old 12-22-2017, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I had the same issue a while ago. There is a knurled connection on the motor output shaft to a disc that rotates the lights up and down. You need to remove the nut on the end of the shaft to disconnect the rod from the motor, rotate the disc by a spline or two and retighten. It might take some trial and error to get it right.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

go to electrical-21 for the headlight motor. (put this in the search function on Mr Fletchers home page; (ELECT-21, Headlight Motor Removal, Cleaning, and Installation)

Clark's Garage Home Page

Last edited by thomasryan; 12-27-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Old 12-27-2017, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: