Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

downhill drift on a 944......

Last weekend I went with a friend on his 944 NA to try doing some drifting....but I realise that it´s kind of dificult........any tips on doing drifting with a 1986 porsche 944 NA????

Any tips on the suspension tune-up????????

Thanks

Old 02-17-2003, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Dustin's drifting 101

haha, I have found another person that drifts his 944, I feel so special now

Advice eh??? The 944 is not an easy car to drift like you said, I've been told that it's mainly because of the weigh ratio (50/50). There's quite a few different methods of going about a drift. Personally, I have found that you NEED to have crappy tires on the back to be able to do a good drift (it just doesn't have the power to hold stickies loose). I also like to studder cut or trail brake to get the tail out. E-braking would not be the thing to do since it is on the left side (but you probably already knew that). Clutch kicks are good, but be aware that they are very strenuous on your drivetrain.

http://velocity.isfaster.com/drift/school/school.htm Read up on it, they have a lot of good stuff at their site.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
http://217.67.226.28/Video_Section/DRIFT944.WMV

NICE
Old 02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

thanks for the tip......... we´ll keep on trying to drift without geting ouraself killed trying.........one thing..... have you ever tried doing some stuff on need for speed porsche unleadshed???? do you think is quite similar the car response in the game and in reality??? cause I tried this on the game...........drive the car over the 5500rpm then hard downshift-brake to third while turnning hard left (in the case the curve is to the left) making the rear wheels to lose weigth and addin it to the fronts givving them more grip, and in the proper moment turn to the ring, downshift to second and step on the gas up to 5000 or 5500 rpms in order to keep them the tork and help the rear wheels to slide to the side........and when the car get in a good line step on the gas to max to get the car out of the curve...............have you ever tried this???????????
Old 02-18-2003, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
Boooooooooooooooom!
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 02-18-2003, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have found that GTII for PS 1 is very close. If I were you I would be sure to zip tie it so that you don't destroy your front since it's inevitable that you're going to screw up. Go out and find a parking lot to experiment in, preferrably one w/o light poles.

BTW-Posting about drifting is very risky on this board. Aparently Porsche guys don't like drifters much. I applaud your courage and stay on the board, I feel special when there's another drifter among us!
Old 02-18-2003, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
gt2 drifting
Old 02-18-2003, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Eduardo Castrejón Elbjorn
This is the first time that I saw a 944 drifting ,thanks
The gt2 was good too.

I download yesterday, I don´t rememebr of the url, was on a site posted in one of the yesterday topics. Was an url of guy with a 944 turbo.

The drift download that I´m talking is from 993 turbo ( I don´t know the correct name) on the site says 996 turbo.
The drifts was great, also 1 from a boxter
Old 02-18-2003, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

in the mischeif 3000 video of the gumball 3000, there is a small drift contest at the end. There's a nice guards 951 drifting with 993 wheels. Pretty cool. Did much better drifting than the others imo.
Oh wait...it's a stock M3
Old 02-18-2003, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I have Mischeif 3000, I love the 951 drifting! There's also a clip of a 951 beating on some 911s!

Someday, I hope to make a video of my car drifting! I don't think it will happen for awhile since I don't have a difital camera, but I hope to make it sometime kinda soon.

Old 02-19-2003, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: