Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1985 944 Door Handle

So I am currently up at college and a few weeks ago I went out to start up my car and get it running to warm it up. The door handle on the passengers side was frozen shut, and I tried to open it to no avail. I did get the outside lever to move, but it got stuck to the door handle and I had to push it back out. Now I can lock and unlock it from the outside, but can only open it up from the inside. So I have to get in to open it for a passenger. I'm going to a shop on Friday at 1:30 to get some other stuff checked out, and I will ask about it there also, but if I could fix it myself, that would be cheaper. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Vlad
Old 01-31-2018, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Park it in the sun, it may just be frozen
Old 02-01-2018, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

sticky mechanism on the latch can do this.
maybe OLD grease thick due to temperature not wanting to move.

pull door panel off car, unbolt latch mechanism from 'back edge' of door, degrease with WD40, brake-cleaner, etc, add some new grease to pivot points and whatever you can reach on the handle in the door, reassemble and test
Old 02-01-2018, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Tired Member

Garage
I've put it on the list for next time you're home.
Support vehicle - '00 Suburban 2500 4x4
Son's - '85.1 944
Old 02-17-2018, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: