Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to daveimme
Talking My car is running!!!!

Got word that my trusty buddy took care of the pressure relief valve problem last night and got my baby running!! He got home late, so didn't get a chance to talk to him, but he told his wife to let me know that it ran well and would be bringing it home tonight and drive for a couple of days to be sure of it all.

Yeah, I'm stoked now....been 4 weeks since my baby took a nap and I can't wait to be back in the pilots seat! Definitely going up this Saturday. I will post more about what he had done and after I see him get the pics he took so I can post what all he did.

Man..what a feeling.....

83 Suzuki LT 125 (4 wheeler) (wife)
92 Honda XR 80 (son)
97 Honda CR 125R (son)
98 Honda CR250R (MINE)
2000 Kawasaki KX 65 (son)
2003 Honda XR 50 (Son and daughter)
Old 02-18-2003, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Congrats!

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 02-18-2003, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
You know, AF.... I thought you were a part time shop owner (I thought I read that somewhere) and was wondering how you were able to respond so quickly here.....Ahhhhh, like me....on the pc ALL day......

It's great to have someone knowledgeable like you looking out for us You've been a big help to me, and I'm sure countless others.

I just can't wait to drive it again! Man, with the weather and all (no offense nor'easterners! ), but down here it is beautiful 'open air' driving....
92 Honda XR 80 (son)
97 Honda CR 125R (son)
98 Honda CR250R (MINE)
Old 02-18-2003, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Nope, not a shop owner (I wish!) Just a part time wrench

Network engineer/sysadmin as a full time job (so I am on the PC all day.. hehehe)

Who wound up buying the pressure relief valve?

AFJuvat

Old 02-18-2003, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I dunno yet.....his wife said he got home at 10:30 (he was working on my car at the shop), and was tired (don't blame him). She said this morning he told her it ran fine and that he will bring it home tonight, and then IM me, so I will know more.

I found the pressure relief valve after a search here on pelican parts.....I saw a MAJOR price difference: 37.00 for one model and something like $240 for another!). With this head (later model than mine?) which one would be needed? I mean, could he have gotten it from my old head?? I wonder....but will know more tonight.
92 Honda XR 80 (son)
97 Honda CR 125R (son)
98 Honda CR250R (MINE)
Old 02-18-2003, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The expensive one goes in the oil cooler housing

Haven't seen the head mounted one in the parts catalog yet.

AFJuvat

Old 02-18-2003, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: